Monday, October 17, 2011

Too many outfits

The last time I had blogged I wrote to you about how many outfits i took to monterey. What i realized on this last trip is that I really have a serious problem with packing.

Generally what happens is that I'm unsure of what I want to wear so I end up bringing everything. It always seems to be such a great idea until I actually start having to bring my luggage places.  I have way too much stuff that I have to carry around with me everywhere I go.  I always think it'd be such a great idea to have so many options with me.  But then when I have the opportunity to wear something I'm still unsure of what I should wear.  I mistakenly believe that it will be easier for me to decide on something to wear if I have all of my clothes with me. What ends up happening is that I still don't know exactly which outfit would be the best 1 to wear on any given occasion.
This torment of mine was exemplified the last time that I went on a trip to monterey because I ended up having about 100 different outfits with me at least.  Oh and by the way this was a 3 day trip to monterey that I had easily more than 100 different outfits.  Why would I need more than 100 different outfits for a 3 day trip?  I ended up thinking about it and realizing how ridiculous it was.  I decided  to try on and take a picture of a many of the outfit as I could.  I quit when I got about 30 or 40 different outfits.

It really brought home to me a point that I need to decide what I'm going to wear before I pack for the trip.

I'll try to post some of the pictures of the ridiculous outfits I brought along with me at some point.

I hope you're all well thanks.

1 comment:

  1. I think that many of us share this issue. You should check a few recent posts over at http://youcancallmemeg@blogspot.com.
    On the rare occasions when I do go out I tend to over do the packing and taking. I bring stuff just on the slim chance that a dressing opportunity will arise.
    One of these days I need to cull my closet. I know that my wife is correct that I have too many clothes and shoes and I really should have a firm rule about not getting new stuff without retiring some old stuff but It is a rule I could not live up to.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete