Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Super Simple Sugar Scrub

I was shopping in a Walgreens a while back and I purchased a small container of sugar scrub.  It cost somewhere between 5 - 10 dollars.  I am always looking for a good exfoliating scrub and this stuff worked great.  Before this I had been using an exfoliating scrub from Clinique, which is great, but a bit pricey.  After Jules and I had gone through a few containers of the Walgreens scrub, I decided to try my hand at making my own.

Here are the steps I took:

Step one:
Gather your materials - plain white sugar, coconut oil (I got mine at Costco,) and a container


Step two:
Place some sugar into your container.


Step three:
Place some oil into your container.

Step four:
Mix it all together.

Step five:
Now take it into the shower and scrub yourself!  Be careful though, the oil tends to make the floor a bit slick!  I have never fallen after using it, but I am also careful!  Also, the ants will love it, so you might have to control them as well.  I personally use "ant chalk," purchased in various shops in different China Towns.

Sometimes I will not soap off after using it and just allow the oil to soak into my parched skin, which feels great!  Other times I will soap off the excess.

The great thing about this scrub is that it is completely non-toxic.  That means I can use it over 100% of my body.  At first it felt a bit rough, but over time I have gotten quite used to it.  It is also a quite tasty and I have been known to lick my lips after scrubbing my face with it! Yummy!

2 comments:

  1. I would imagine it would be even more fun to have someone else handle the licking... ;D

    Yours in naughtiness,
    Cass

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naughty Cass! But actually yeah, Jules and I have been known to enjoy a tasty lick here and there on occasion when we shower together!

      Delete