Friday, August 14, 2015

Outfit with Male Jeans

Sweater - White House Black Market - Similar
Jeans - Guess - Similar (male)
Belt - Mossimo - Similar
Shoes - Saucony - Similar

We were in Kenosha, Wisconsin, on the shores of Lake Michigan and the wind was whipping in off of the lake.  The temperature difference between there and where we boarded our plane was immense!  Our flight into the area had a 40 lb limit on checked suitcases and thus when I looked into my suitcase for my female jeans it turned out I had removed them to cut weight.  Oops!

Jules convinced me that I should just suck it up and where my guy jeans.  I was mentally very reluctant to do that.  Not because I have big problem with mixing the genders of clothes that I wear, I do that all the time actually, but rather I still have this idea that if I don't do ______ or _______ then everyone is going to notice.  Then I will finally be torched and pitchforked by the general masses while they chant, kill the monster!  And while I do wear a mix of male and female clothes, I don't know if I have ever done that while presenting as a woman.  If so, then not very often.  And certainly never before in Kenosha, WI!

But it was wear the male jeans, or an above knee skirt.  I checked again on the wind whipping in off of the lake (which btw I finally have an understanding of why they are called the Great Lakes!) and I chose the jeans.  So above is the resulting outfit.  Funny huh?  Well, maybe only to me!

Hope you are all well!

Love ya!

2 comments:

  1. I think the outfit passes. 8-)
    I have found though that jeans don't really send the right signals, even if they feel and look great. Perhaps a skirt or dress shows you are serious and this provokes a more sympathetic response....
    Hope you enjoyed the day out!
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Penny. Generally when I wear jeans I attempt to be quite cautious about the style of them as well as the rest of my outfit. Some pairs of jeans, like ones with boot cut flares in them can often really help to create some curves!

      Delete