Saturday, October 31, 2015

Happy Halloween


It has been about 30 years since I have dressed as a woman on Halloween, but today I decided to go for it once again.  The first time was back when Jules and I were in high school and having just been dating for a few years.  We decided to throw a party and go as each other.  I enjoyed my evening but never dressed as a woman again for about another twenty years!

Wow, I wish I would have been brave enough back then to admit that I wanted to do it more.  And not just for Halloween.  Ahh well!!

Anywho.... today I decided that I was not simply going to dress as a woman for Halloween, but rather as a female vampire.  Jules and I were contemplating going to a local LGBTQ center for a costume party, but in the end we simply stayed home and watched Stephen King movies.

I was only marginally happy with my resulting outfit.  I thought I had a dress which in the end, I must have already donated to a thrift store, darn!  But why keep a dress only for one holliday.  There are a few things I do like about the costume, such as the teeth.  They are a new item that I got from Dental Distortions.  The earrings and necklace are borrowed from Jules, at her suggestion and I think they worked out nicely as well.

I hope that you all had a wonderful night doing something that made you happy!

Love you!

Bite something!

3 comments:

  1. Nice costume! You look good as a modern stylish vampire.

    I also wore a LBD as part of my costume (witch). I was fortunate enough to get invited to a party this year. Had a really good time. And people liked my costume. Some knew about my femme side and some didn't, but it didn't matter.

    D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the outfit and I like the vampire look for Halloween. I may give that a try some year. This year we had to watch the World Series and I was still not feeling well so no outing for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those teeth are terrifying!!! But great outfit! You look like you could be on True Blood!

    ReplyDelete