Monday, November 23, 2015

A Summer Outfit

Sweater - 69th & Madison - Similar
Top - Guess - Similar
Skirt - H & M - Similar
Belt - WHBM - Similar
Shoes - ???? - Similar

This is an outfit that I wore some time back when it was actually hot out, but being as I never posted it up and I like it, I thought that I'd revisit it.

One of the things that I really like about this outfit is that it is one that I put together out of items that I have owned for awhile.  This may not sound like all that big of a deal for many, but for me it kind of is.  My wardrobe is finally at a point where to create new outfits I can pick and choose from a variety of items that I currently own and I actually like!

For a little bit now I have been wondering if one of the things that I enjoy about cross dressing is purchasing new things.  There is such a thrill in buying new items and trying them on that I was a little worried for a bit if I am just sort of addicted to shopping.  Many times I have bought something, worn it once, never revisited it again, and then gone out and bought new things.  That is not a very good pattern if one is wanting to not spend oodles of cash!

But.... as of the past year or so I have noticed that my desire to purchase new things has faded a bit and I am actually interested in wearing the clothes that I currently own! Wow, revelatory huh? Maybe not so much, but still kind of exciting to me.

Why you ask?  Well I think it is because I have finally gotten to a point that I actually own a wardrobe that I finally reflects a bit of my actual style.  Meaning, instead of just owning a bunch of items that I purchased in the female section of the store, I think my clothing currently actually reflects me, who I am, and my own personal sense of style!

So.... that's cool for me!

Love you!

Love your clothes.

Develop your own style!


3 comments:

  1. Love that skirt Nadine! The horizontal seams really do something for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to do that.. but online sales really make it hard. ;-)

    Love this outfit! :)

    ReplyDelete