Wednesday, July 13, 2016

White Skirt - Busy Little Bee!!

Tunic - White House Black Market - Similar
Skirt - Iris Los Angeles - Similar
Sweater - White House Black Market - Similar

Well hello again Blog-O-Sphere!!!  I wish I could tell you all that I have been off living a thrillingly exciting transgender life filled with long hair and pretty clothes!!  But alas, I have been stuck in my garage.  Garage you ask?  Yes, my garage.  But more on that later.

Today you get a look at an outfit that I enjoyed wearing, but I don't really think looks all that good.  I like each of the pieces I am wearing separately but together, not so much!  The issue, in my mind at least, the tunic does not go with that length of skirt.  I have worn this tunic several times before and I think it looks far better with something that is shorter, or longer, but this calf length skirt, nope, sorry it just does not look very good!


Oh well!!  Do you know what I do like about this outfit??  I love the choker I am wearing.  Maybe I have told you this before, but it belonged to my mom and I just found it about a year ago when my dad passed away.  That means, for those keeping track, this necklace has been hidden away in a box for about twenty years!  Twenty years, holy crap batman!!

Anywho..... I never really thought that I could successfully wear a choker.  I figured it would make my already large neck look even larger.  But in seeing it in these photos, I think it works pretty darn well.  And it is silver, my favorite!  So hoorah!

Okay.... so back to the garage.  Generally summer tends to be my transgender explosion where I go bonkers and dress as often as I can.  But this summer is different.  First off, I have been desperately trying to help Jules who has been experiencing some big difficulties lately.  That has really been my first priority but secondly has been my garage project:


Here you have the first look at my summer wood shop project.  It is a side table.  I am constructing it to be next to our front door, in our little hallway there.  It is designed to look awesome, but also to hold our crap when we enter the door.  I think it is turning out pretty neat looking!

Alrighty..... that's about it.  Now I am off for my morning dog walk and then back into the garage to get covered in saw dust!  Yeah, not the best environment for a wig huh???  So yeah, while I am wearing my usual mix of male and female clothes, no wigs in the shop!  I mean besides the dust, could you imagine it getting all twirled up in the miter saw??  Or the lathe??? Yikes!!  That would be scary!!!

Love you!!

Love yourself!!

Love sawdust!!


3 comments:

  1. Purpleheart for sure. The rest is supposed to be cherry, but I'm a little unsure about the board sandwhiched between the purple heart. It could be cherry, but just mostly sap. But then again it might be maple. I wont know for sure til I apply some finish and see what it does. It will be cool either way!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you that the length of the tunic and skirt don't quite work yet I say "You go, girl! Keep trying new things and be all you can be,"
    The entry way table is freakin' awesome! I suck at articulating my thoughts often because I have a hard time being in the moment, but this piece of furniture is art. Thank you for expressing who you are is all the ways you do.
    I love you, muffin!💜😍😘

    ReplyDelete