Monday, October 15, 2012

Outfit for October 15th

Jeans - Guess
White Top - Converse All Stars
Black Top - Merona
Boots - Nine West

Ah a lovely nice fall day.  It was in the 70s today while I was out and about.  Of course you know that these are my favorite pair of jeans.  The only thing I don't like about them is that they are so dang long, I have to make sure that I wear heels that are tall enough so that they do not drag on the ground.  But, can you see how they are lighter on the fronts and backs of them and darker on the sides, this helps give the illusion of my legs being much skinnier than they really are.

I do have a couple of general problems with jeans though.  One, I hate trying to tuck up and hide Mr. Happy.  I can do it, but generally it is bothersome to do it for more than say an hour or two.  But trying to go an entire day, of sitting, and standing and walking, ugh!  It becomes way too much for me.  So thus, if I want to wear jeans and be comfortable, then I half to wear some type of top that is long enough that it covers to front of my pants.  This often limits which tops I can wear, as not all of them are long enough to achieve this affect.

The other problem that I have with jeans, is that they cover up my great boots.  I really like wearing boots, and with jeans on, you can't even see them.  I love knowing that I have them on, but I don't get to show them off.  But the real problem is that I don't really like the look of boots with anything that shows them off.  I don't like how they look with skirts, of any length, or shorts.  So harumph!

I think I need to get over myself.  So thus it is not a problem with jeans, but I problem with me.  Okay, I'm done now.

So, what did I do while dressed?  Shopping today.  Boring shopping.  I returned something to Target, which was kind of funny to me, as I bought it as a guy and returned it as a girl.  I went to some other small shop and picked up a few things, and I went to Macy's.  Clinique has gift time now people, so go, go, go!  Myself, what did I get, nothing as the line was far too long!

Hope you are doing well.

5 comments:

  1. Nadine
    Being slim really helps you pull of the many fine looks that you sport. Whether you are in slacks, shorts, a skirt or a dress your photos all say 'woman' not 'guy in a dress'.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pat. I appreciate that. I have a feeling that many of us are just like me, no matter what we put on, we see ourselves as a guy in a dress. Its funny though in that when I only dress occasionally I struggle with that. But if I dress for a week in a row, then I begin to see myself more as a woman, and then when I dress as a guy, I see myself as a woman in guy clothes. Funny huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is interesting. THe human mind is amazing in its ability to acclimate to it's environment.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perhaps you could tuck your jeans into your boots? Best of both worlds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is an excellent suggestion. I will do that on occasion. I bought a pair of skinny jeans to specifically do that with them. It was actually the first time I took a clothing item to a tailor to get them hemmed. Now they fit perfect and tuck inside my boots. The pair of Guess jeans in the photoare sort of flair legged and i don't personally like the look or the feel of them bunched up in tmy boots.

      Great comment,Leslie Ann, and good to hear from you. I hope you are well.

      Delete