Thursday, April 18, 2013

Google+

Apparently it is fine for me to have a blogger account, an email account, my own website if I want it, but not a google+ account.  My name, Nadine Spirit, does not meet their name guidelines.  I could appeal their computers automatic decision, but I don't know if I really care that much to appeal it.

What if I had chosen a different last name.  Something more realistic, like say Brown, or Smith.  Would google+ automatically approve me then?  I have been on other cds websites and have noted that they are a part of google+ under what is obviously an online only name.  I suppose their names were less suspect and the computer automatically granted them the google+ status.  Spirit is apparently too obviously fake.

Google+, you do of course realize that real people actually do have Spirit as a last name right?

Am I missing out by not being a google+ member?  Are there great perks and benefits to being a member? Why would I want to appeal their decision?  Anybody have input on this issue?

No comments:

Post a Comment