Friday, April 5, 2013

Outfit for 4-5-13

Dress - Guess
Tights - Mossimo
Boots - Nine West
Arms - Maidenform
Sun Glasses - Ray Ban

I really like this dress.  You can't see it in the picture, which makes me think to take some more detail shots occasionally, there are zippers on the shoulders.  They kind of add a little edge to the dress.  One thing about this dress though is that it is very light weight, and much more of a summer or warm day dress.  On this particular day it was a little chilly, so I thought I would try and ramp up the warmth factor.  I added some thicker nylons and some arms.

Yes folks, I added arms.  I found the funniest looking garment one day while shopping at a Maidenform outlet store.  It is a pair of arms with a small strap that hooks closed like a bra strap but it is in the front of the garment and sits below my bust.  The back is kind of like a bra as well.  Maybe I should take a picture of just this garment to show what it actually looks like as it is kind of funky and difficult to describe well.  Okay, suffice it to say, it is a pair of arms.  I bought it because in utilizing it, I can wear long sleeves, without wearing an entire other shirt.  That is kind of handy with this particular dress because it then does not hide the cleavage that shows while wearing it.

This outfit was worn to the mall, to pick up some more Clinique while they were having their free gift time!  I love that both my wife and I use Clinique.  During gift time I will get one of the color choices, she will get the other, and then we can both use each others products.  What fun!  We also walked the mall a little.  I wanted to go to Victoria's Secret for some yummy smelling lotion.  I found the item and went back to get in line and wow! A ginormous line was waiting.  I was so super surprised.  And almost everybody that was there was paying by a gift card.  Apparently they received this during Easter.  I personally never knew that Easter time was a gift card giving time.  I guess it is.

Okay, gotta run.  Love ya!

8 comments:

  1. That's a lovely dress Nadine. I think it's one of the first ones I've seen you profile. I've been so hesitant in buying dresses that I have a closet full of tops, jeans, skirts, and only one dress. I guess it's something to work on in the near future.

    Going out shopping with my wife is so much fun nowadays, and I love how we get to share makeup and clothes. I get a kick out of it when I come home after work and see that she raided Katie's side of the closet for clothes to school. So much fun, and it's something that brings us closer together.

    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie.

      Ahhh dresses. Yeah, I have many of them, but I am often hesitant to wear them. I often feel so mch comfortable in a skirt, or jeans. But in mid summer when it is over 100 degrees, nothing feels quite as lovely as a nice lightweight dress.

      I hope your weekend goes well also!

      Delete
  2. Nice outfit - and I love the boots!
    It must be so nice to be able to wear regular-sized footwear. I have only a few items and let's just say they were hard work to get in my size. It's funny - lots of shops here in the UK advertise larger sizes but when you look they only have punk boots, wellingtons and comfy slippers. Very dispiriting.
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the reply Penny.

      Shoes - Yeah I feel so fortunate that I have the shoe size that I do. Currently I wear 9.5 in ladies. I used to think my feet were oddly small for a male, but now I absolutely love them.

      I also really like the boots in the photo. They have a rather small toe box, which is a little tight on my rather wide feet. But they fit. Also the toe is rather rounded on them and that makes my foot look even smaller.

      I feel so badly for so many cd's that they are unable to enjoy the wonder of going into any shoe store and buying shoes of the rack. Bummer.

      Delete
  3. I also really like that dress. It looks great on you and I think that you did a great job pairing it with the tights and matching 'arms'. I had never heard of such a garment but at one point did some imporvising with footless tights when I simply cut a large opening in the panty so that the garment fit over my head and my arms went through the tight's legs. It was not perfect but for my purposes at that point in time it served its purpose.
    You are quite right that it helps to be small structured with a foot that fits most ladies 9;5 shoes. An old coach once said that 'you cannot coach speed'. When it comes to crossdressing 'you cannot coach size'.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pat!

      What an interesting idea with the footless tights. Great thinking and improvising. The more I think about it, that could look really good with different colors, patterns, etc. Hmm.... Now the gears are turning.

      Delete
  4. You look great in that dress, Nadine. Glad you are finding ways to show off your boots too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Leslie. I too am happy in finding ways to show off my boots.

      Delete