Tuesday, March 25, 2014

My First Meeting With Another CD

Dress - Black House White Market
Shoes - Nickles

I finally met another cross dresser and you know what?  It was totally, completely, and entirely, normal!

Fairly recently I joined crossdressers.com and decided to continue reaching out.  If you are familiar with the site I am sure you know of Jennifer, from Jenniferathome.  She gives great opinions and advice and I have enjoyed reading her posts.  Anywho, one day she emails and asks if I would like to meet up on an upcoming trip when she would be in Santa Monica.  I mailed back and said “yes!”

I live about 3 hours from Santa Monica, but being as I had a week off from work, I figured I would figure it out.  I mentioned the idea to Jules and she said she would love to come along as well.  So we set it all up and with anticipation I waited the week or so until the day arrived.

Jules and I left our place and headed to a town partway to LA and got pedicures.  We both chose something springtime and sparkly.  We then continued driving until I stopped and changed my clothes.  Neither of us wanted to wear our nice dresses to get our nails done and since I was driving, I needed to stop to change.    

I went from this:
Sweater - Jones of NY
Tank - Calvin Klein
Skirt - American Apparel
Shoes - Born O Concept

to the dress pictured up top.

We arrived way too early into Santa Monica.  Which was good as it helped my paranoia about being on time and dealing with LA traffic.  We ended up shopping a bit; where we both bought some cool silver bracelets. 

Eventually the time arrived for dinner and we headed to the restaurant.  Around reservation time Jennifer found us waiting outside the restaurant.  We all introduced ourselves and went inside.  We sat in a booth and ordered dinner.  The food was entirely just okay, but the conversation was great.  With very few people has time passed as quickly as it did that evening.  We must have talked for about 2-3 hours or so.   It was great.  The place was not busy at all so we got to just sit and talk and pick at our food.  I really enjoyed myself.

I didn't really want the evening to end, so I suggested a bit of shopping.  Being in Nordstroms, we headed downstairs to the shoes.  Jules and I tried on some shoes and while Jennifer looked around.  I found a few pairs of Manolo Blahnik.  I gingerly examined them, saw the prices and set the down very carefully!  It was really funny.  I was totally joking with the super nice sales associate about it.

We stepped out of Nordstroms and both Jennifer and I could tell that Jules’ leg was really bothering her.  So we said our farewells and parted company.  Honestly I was enjoying my time so much that I could have hung out for the better part of the evening.  But it just leaves more for next time.

For me the lasting impression of the evening was just how normal it all was.  Not a couple of weirdo’s hanging out with a woman, but just three normal folks having a very nice, normal dinner.

Thank you very much for the invite Jennifer and for a very lovely evening. 

9 comments:

  1. That sure did sound like a blast! And trying on some Manolo Blahniks, what a day! On our trip to Las Vegas a few years ago, my wife tried on a pair of Christian Louboutin heels, got some pictures with them on, and then returned the shoes to the sales lady. At least she can say she tried on $1200 shoes. Anyways, it was nice to read about your experience meeting up with a fellow cd and having some engaging conversations. I know how time flies when you're talking about passionate and interesting things.
    Much love and happiness,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie!

      Yeah it was a blast. I really did enjoy myself. You mentioned your wife getting pictures of herself in the Louboutin's that is the one thing thqat bummed me out, I forgot to get pictures of Jennifer and I together. That would have been really cool. Oh well, something for next time I suppose.

      Thanks Cutie!

      Delete
  2. Glad your 'first time' was a good one. It chimes with my (rather limited) experience of going to local groups - the folks are so nice and really are just people, not scary monsters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true Penny. That is another thing I have thought about doing and have yet to try, so maybe something to try out.

      Thanks :)

      Delete
  3. Hmm… just realized Blogger apparently decided to snack on my previous comment. lol Oh well. What I *had* said was "you go, girl!!!" What a wonderful evening. Hope there are many more to follow too. :c)

    Love both outfits, btw!

    Hugs,
    Cass

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darn that Blogger comment eater ;)

      Thanks for trying again Cass. Yay, I got a "you go, girl!" Funny, as I say that to my wife all the time. Thanks for the outfit complement.

      :)

      Delete
    2. That was a well-deserved "you go, girl!", hon! :D Because you really... er, went. lol You know what I mean (I hope, since I clearly do not!). :#)

      Keep those outfit ideas coming, hon!

      Hugs,
      Cass

      Delete
  4. It seems like a pleasant time was had by all. THe more we get out and about the more it becomes commonplace for us and also for the civilian populations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true Pat. Thanks for stopping by & I hope you are well!

      Delete