Sunday, June 22, 2014

Outfit for 6/22/14 - No Padding

Top - Chico's
Skirt - Love Culture
Shoes - Born O Concept

When I purchased this skirt I initially couldn't put it on, as my hips were too wide.  I don't wear large hips pads, but I always wear them.  In the dressing room it occurred to me that I could take them out, revolutionary!  I was then barely able to get the skirt up and get Jules to zip it.

I took a step back in the mirror and realized that I still had a bit of curve to me even without them and further more that this skirt helps to show it off.  Obviously, I bought it.  Surprisingly, being as it is so small, it is still quite comfy.  It is denim, but with a bit of stretch.

In the pictures I don't have any hip pads on, which is a total first for me, and I also have no inserts for breast.  It is an extremely well padded bra, but nothing actually in it besides me.  Which I do on occasion, especially if it is going to be hot; it was 100 degrees outside on this day.


An interesting thing for me is the sizing of the top.  I had never shopped in a Chico's before.  They size their clothes by number, like 1, 2, or 3.  I think the top I have on is a 3.  Which is a large.  It was interesting walking through the store and not having any idea what sizes to try on.  I just picked up whatever and went for it.

I wore this outfit when Jules and I went and saw Maleficent.  It was great.  We both really enjoyed it.  I also liked the after discussion between my wife and I and Google about the history behind some fairy tales.  Fascinating stuff actually.

Oh and on a side note, have you noticed how much I have been wearing these same shoes?  Lots!  They are comfy.

Love ya!

:)


6 comments:

  1. I think the top suits you very well. Also like your sandals, they are nice and seems comfortable. Cheers. Betty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Betty. I appreciate the comments. Yes the sandals are super comfy, which is surprising to me as I often have a tough time with strappy shoes. The straps will often dig into me, but not with these ones.

      Thanks Betty

      Delete
  2. You certainly don't need pads. Your second pic shows beautiful curves of your legs and rear.I always notice that you love your hot pink toe polish. Ever change colors? T.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks T, I am blushing.

      Good eye on the polish colors. I do love pink polish, but I tend to change it often. I pick whatever tickles my fancy at the time. :)

      Delete
  3. Love the top, never shopped at a Chicco's always seemed too "old lady" to me, but I don't think that about this top. Good choice.

    Vivian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vivian. Yeah I had never been in a Chico's before I purchased this top. I had taken some of your previous advice to get out and expand my shopping locations. I was walking a mall and just going into every store that was there. I didn't like most of the clothes there, but obviously did like this top.

      Delete