Monday, February 2, 2015

Outfit for 2-2-2015 - Long Torso

Sweater - Michael Kors
Top - Patty Boutique
Skirt - 36 point 5
Shoes - Born O Concept

Today Jules and I needed to go get our nails done as well as to do some shopping at Costco and Trader Joes.  I put together this outfit primarily because I felt like showing a bit of cleavage as I have not been feeling particularly feminine lately and thought I could use a bit of a visual boost.


I think this top does a great job of showing off my smallish decolletage.  In fact for not having any breasts at all, I think the illusion I can create is fabulous and it always gives me a great boost to my ego!

And it always makes me laugh!

So in that way I really like this outfit, but something looked a bit off to me.  I tried on three different sweaters and none of them really solved the problem for me.  I couldn't really tell what was off about it.  But in looking at my photos, I think the proportions are a bit off.  With the striped top being so long it really extends my torso and think that is the problem.  In general men have longer torsos than women and I think this outfit makes my torso look even longer.  Especially with the sweater being so long, that only makes it worse.

But it works, okay.  Not fabulous, but still, okay!  :)

I want to say thanks to everyone who reached out after my previous post, I appreciate all of the support that everyone out there has given me in working through this challenging time in my life.

Thank you all so much!

Love you!

Love yourself!

Love others!

6 comments:

  1. You can smile again, Nadine. I'm glad for you.
    You are looking nice!

    Love
    Feli

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! you look so dang gorgeous! you look more and more feminine each time i see your pictures! love your outfit, nadine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you look lovely, hon. Feel free to pass along some of your torso length my way, incidentally; I am all arms and legs. lol

    Hugs,
    Cass

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just ran across your blog. I think you are gorgeous. I wish I had your style.

    ReplyDelete