Friday, February 20, 2015

Outfit for 2/2/2015 - Belt or No Belt?


Purple Top - White House Black Market
Tank - Mossimo
Skirt - American Apparel
Shoes - Born O Concept
Belt - Mossimo

Sometimes a simple thing like a belt can just make an entire outfit come together.  You really can't see it all that well in these pictures, but in real life the belt makes all of the difference in this outfit.  With the belt it just looks polished and without the belt it looks really sloppy.  I often thought that a belt would make me look more overweight, but actually the opposite is true!  As well, without the belt you see fold lines where I tucked the tank top into my skirt, but with the wide belt it totally covers all of that.
 

I told Jules how bad the outfit looked when I had tried it all on without the belt and she scoffed and that.  So after taking my pictures for this post and having removed the belt for the last few shots, I came in and showed her and she was amazed at how bad the outfit looked without it.  I then untucked the tank and she agreed that all that did was make it look worse!

Another thing that Jules said to me about this outfit is that she thought this was the best that this purple top has looked.  Which is nice because I have struggled to have a good looking outfit with this top.  I totally love it; the color is to die for!  But it has not always looked very good.  Tops like this used to be a mainstay of my outfits, but as of late, I do not wear many button down tops.  They have a really big tendency of making me look a bit less feminine so I have begun to avoid them.  But when I saw this top in WHBM I loved the color and had to have it!  So I am happy that myself and my wife thought it looked good here.

So?  What is your opinion?  Belt or no belt?  I would love to hear your thoughts on belts!

Love you!



9 comments:

  1. I don't think it looks so bad without the belt. Maybe just more casual. The purple (amethyst?) top is a great color.
    D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks D. I love the color of the top. It is so great in person. Interesting idea about the no belt look being more casual. Thanks for the thoughts.

      Delete
  2. I think the belt adds the polish the whole outfit needs. I agree with Anonymous that without the belt the whole outfit looks more casual.
    I love the color of the top. Of course almost anything purple or amethyst looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa. Thanks for the thoughts. And another vote for casual.

      I agree with your thoughts though about the outfit needing the belt to look polished.

      Delete
  3. With a belt, particularly on the hip, a (mini)skirt looks much shorter than it really is and the whole outfit seems to have a more feminine appearance.

    Belt or no belt? In you case, Nadine, it doesn't matter, you are beautiful and feminine anyway.

    Love

    Feli



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so nice Feli! Always so sweet!

      I will have to try a belt with a mini, I am interested in how that would look, thanks!

      Delete
  4. I like the belt, especially wide belts like this. They can create a waist where there isn't one (and I need a little cinching power!). I would have worn it maybe a tad higher. Its a nice coloured top, and I like the leaved earrings too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Daria.I so love belts for helping to create the illusion of a waist. I will have to try it higher next time. :)

      Delete
  5. Belts rock. That is all. :D

    Hugs,
    Cass

    ReplyDelete