Friday, September 30, 2016

Come On Gynecomastia!


So I visited my urologist yesterday for my final check in after my previous appointment.  He had taken a biopsy of my bladder, just to make sure that there was nothing wrong and I had to go back in and see if anything was actually wrong.  As it turned out, nothing was wrong!  Yay!

My only issue is that I am having some complications from a prostate that is enlarged for my age.  Yay!  Fun!  Okay, maybe not so much.  That was what actually prompted all of my wondrous tests that I had to go through.

The point of this post - my doctor told me that he was going to prescribe me a drug to help decrease the size of my prostate, but that this drug has a well known side effect.  Now, I've done a fair amount of research into the side effects of various drugs, and I am well aware that a potential side effect of some prostate drugs is gynecomastia.  So, there I am, sitting in my doctors office, with him explaining this drug to me, and what am I doing, hoping that he is going to tell me that the potential side effect I may experience is growing boobs!

Talk about knowing that you are transgender, I'm hoping for a side effect that most men would absolutely hate.  Funny!

As it turned out, that was NOT the side effect my doctor discussed with me.  I mean, really, could you imagine, telling men that you could solve your prostate issue, but you'd have boobs?  Yeah, I think that would be a total deal breaker for most men.  Well, unless of course, you're a transgender male wanting boobs for you very own.

Hmm..... boobs of your very boobs.

I like the sound of that.

Love you!

Love boobs!

2 comments:

  1. I like to be an informed patient; everything has side effects! A bit of research might show that the recommended drug sometimes has alarming side effects. But boobs don't hurt your health, do they? And you might not get them. Or you could just hide them if you did, and could just switch drugs before it became a real problem. Manage your health risk!

    I still did NOT wind up with spironolactone as the diuretic in my blood pressure treatment...go figure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah at this point, I don't think I am worried about it becoming a problem. I think I am worried about it NOT happening! Ha!

      Delete