Friday, September 16, 2016

Mr. Unhappy


Do you know what a cystoscopy is?  Well I didn't until recently.  For your sake, I really hope you don't ever have to find out what it is.  Just as a fair warning, this post might be a bit more graphic in nature than some of my other posts.

So.... fair warning...... it may get a bit uncomfortable for some...... if you want to stop reading, now may the time!!!!  Last chance... okay, here we go.

I have been having an issue with some urine retention.  I think I am done going to the potty, and when I put myself away, things dribble down my leg.  Not always, but often enough that I frequently have more than a little wet spot left visibly on my pants.  Not a fun experience to have!!

Anywho..... during my last physical I asked to go see a urologist about the situation.  He ordered all sorts of fun tests!  I got to have several different ultrasounds.  Which were easy.  I got to have an CT scan of my kidneys.  Easy.  Except for the dye injection felt really weird!!

And then yesterday, I got the cystoscopy.  Oh what fun that was!!  I won't get into the nitty gritty details of that lovely procedure.  You can google it if you'd like, but I'm not even going to provide the convenience of a link for you!  Sorry!  I will explain though, the long and the short of it was I had a camera inserted into my bladder.  Yeah!  That happened!  Oh, and while there they decided to do a biopsy, just to check for anything weird.  Uh... that hurt!! He didn't see anything unusual, but he just wanted to make sure.

So..... in the end...... my diagnosis...... I have a prostate that is unusually enlarged for my age.  Everything is benign, and the suggestion is for me to spend a bit more time making sure everything is voided while I use the restroom.  Oh fun!

But here is the thing...... afterwards, I walked out of there really hating the fact that I have a penis!

So uh, yeah.  There you have it.

Will I rid myself of my extra appendage?  Nope.  It's just that right now, I'm not so happy with my Mr. Happy!  Thus the title of this post, Mr. Unhappy!

Ugh!

Oh and yes, I know this procedure can be performed on a female, but do you know how much shorter a female urethra is than a males?  And as well, females have no prostate to deal with either!  Yeah!  Ugh!

Yeah, trying real hard to love myself today!  To love all of myself!

Love you!

Photo credit:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cystoscopy#/media/File:Cystoscope-med-20050425.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment