Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Sparkle Ball


This weekend I will be embarking upon a new adventure for me!  Exciting! Right?  What is this new adventure?  I will be attending my first ever transgender event.  This will be the Sparkle Ball for the River City Gems based in Sacramento.  And I am quite interested in seeing what all of the hub-bub is about.

I am sure that it will be pretty much as I envisioned, possibly not my sort of affair, but still I am interested to go check it out.  I have a friend up near San Francisco who contacted me and asked me if my wife and I would be attending this year.  I checked the calendar and loe and behold, it was free for the weekend and so I went and asked Jules what she thought.

Her first question was, 'do we get to buy new pretty dresses?' Umm... of course!  Of course we get to go buy new pretty dresses!  How can you go to a ball without buying new dresses?  Well, my friend, Jennifer advised me that I should check into Rent the Runway as a good option for not having to buy a dress, but still being able to wear something gorgeous.  I did go check out the options available, but after checking the prices, and the dresses available, Jules and I went and hit the outlet mall.  Of course I found something super inexpensive and ball-gown-esque!  Thus, no renting the runway this time! But thanks for the suggestion Jen!

So.... anywho.... off to the ball Jules and I will go this weekend.  If any of you who read this glorious blog of mine are attending, please come up and say hi!  I'd love to meet any of my readers!

Hope to see you there!

Love you!

Love yourselves!

Love ball gowns!!

image credits:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ball_gown#/media/File:James_Tissot_-_Too_Early_-_1873.jpg

9 comments: