Friday, December 16, 2016

Funny Shopping Experience


The other day I had a bit of time to kill so what better to do than a little bit of shopping!  I first went into Famous Footwear to check out their Converse selection.  That is something I do quite frequently as they tend to change up their selection quite often.  And the really cool Converser sell out quickly so you need to be on top of it!

Afterwards I went into the Marshalls next door.  Lately I have been really into wearing bralettes pretty much full time.  They are pretty comfy and have a very small amount of padding in them.  Thus while they show a little bit, they don't show too much for me to feel too self conscious while at work.  Anywho..... Marshalls will often have a nice selection of them at pretty cheap prices. I found a few that were cool and I grabbed them and headed up to the checkout lanes.  Along the way, a candle caught my eye and a tough to destroy puppy toy as well.  While waiting in the line I was eyeing the various cashiers and I noticed one who appeared to be transgender.

It is often difficult to accurately assess someone who identifies as transgender, but I am pretty sure this person was.  As best as I could tell, this was someone who was born female, but was clearly presenting very much similar as I was, except in the opposite direction.  I thought to myself, I hope that I get them as my cashier.

When it was my turn for a cashier, I got called to this person.  I was wearing, female jeans, shoes, top, and a lightly padded bralette, but otherwise presenting as male.  No makeup, shaved head, a bit of scruff on the cheeks.  The cashier had a super short hairstyle, which in and of itself is not enough for me to assume transgender.  But they also were wearing men's clothing, and had on men's jewelry.  They also carried themselves in a very masculine manner.  The other thing was that while they were ringing up my purchases, we gave each other a knowing look and a few wry smiles.

It was quite amusing and I chuckled to myself as I walked out of the store.


No, we didn't sit there and gab with each other about our gender variances like a couple of old pals.  We just sort of silently acknowledged each other and respected each other in the standard roles we were playing: customer and cashier.

Some people tell me that these people don't exist.  In my experience I see far more FtM than MtF transgender people.  No, you can't just assume transgender status from simply wearing jeans instead of dresses.  But if you look close enough, there are many, many people who were born female and clearly present as male.  Fully male.  Not just eschewing fashion, but actively trying to appear as masculine as I try to appear feminine.  Funny.

Okay, that is all.

Love you.  Love each other!  Love yourself!  Love the wide variety that is the human species!

Photo Credits:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:SF_gender_symbols.png
https://pixabay.com/en/women-men-people-human-gender-149577/

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on you success. I am not a hunter but I am a woman that fishes. I have fished fully dressed and had my typical success. One Sunday evening this summer, I landed three 19 inch largemouth bass. My prostheses didn't seem to get in the way and the red fingernail polish nicely contrasted with the green of the fish. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Somehow this comment got placed in the wrong location. Thanks for commenting though and congratulations to you for your big fish!

      Delete
  2. Heyee im going thru a gender identity im male but im very masculine but my insides are very feminine and i want to become female i love to crossdress and ive been told im very flamboyant but i know down deep im gay but dont want to come our cause i will lose alot of friends and my family will disown me but when i dress feminine im happy and content but i want to start transition and be happy what do i do any advice

    ReplyDelete