Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Do My Arms Tell Too Much?

Top - White House Black Market - Similar
Skirt - White House Black Market - Similar
Belt - White House Black Market - Similar
Shoes - Naturalizer - Similar

This weekend Jules and I had some shopping to do, so I decided to wear one of my all time favorite skirts.  This skirt totally reminds me of a peasant skirt, but it is far more upscale than that.  It's like a fancy peasant skirt.  The thing I really like about it is all of the pleating that it has.  It makes it so the skirt puffs up and swishes around while I walk, but hangs straight when I am just standing there.  The other thing I like about it is that while it is super thin, it also has a built in slip with it, so nothing shows through that shouldn't be showing through!  Wondrous and lovely!


I'm getting a bit more comfortable with having my arms out, but I still kind of feel like the Hulk.  I know that I am not and I know that many women have nicely defined arm muscles.  But still it is an obvious tell that I was born with a male body.  It's funny, people say to me get over it, it is no big deal and while I agree with that, occasionally I have taken snap shots with my wig off and people have also said that I then look only like a dude.

So it kind of makes me wonder, how much looking like a dude is acceptable?  Personally I think this all goes back to how many tells are you willing to show?  How much are you willing to let people know that sure I AM TRANSGENDER!


I don't really have a good answer for that.  For while I am fine with people knowing that I am transgender there are still a myriad of things that I feel uncomfortable doing.  I suppose that it has to do with the fact that while I think everyone who looks at me perceives me as transgender, the reality is that many do not.  Take the woman at CostCo during this outing.  She was busy with the carts and helping the cashier to make sure she rang up everything.  My wife and I began chatting with the cashier and I swear I saw this woman do several double takes at me.  She clearly could not match the voice she heard with the image she saw.  It was funny and Jules and I laughed about it afterwards.

Hmmm..........   maybe I am wrong in thinking people perceive me as transgender.  Maybe they think I am just a buff chick.  Maybe when you sufficiently act the way you are presenting, maybe people don't really pay much attention to you.

Possibly this summer, once the temps reach triple digits I will attempt to forgo the wig on some outings and see how things go.  I do have some super cute hats I could wear.  Hmmm.... will I be brave enough to face the world fully dressed as a woman, but without the wig?????

Possibly!!

Love you!

Love yourself!

Seriously people, are you trying to love yourself?

Are you trying to provide for your own needs?

Are you trying to prove how much you love yourself by providing for those that you love?

Hmmmm???????


5 comments:

  1. Just tell them you grew up as a farm girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This outfit is fantastic and looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the outfit i wish i could come out a mtf and have a wife that excepted it and that we both were bisexual

    ReplyDelete