Monday, October 2, 2017

Of Course I Want Boobs

When I am honest I have wanted to go onto hormones for a long time, probably far longer than I ever even realized.  Seriously, these things are great.  I mean, so flipping great, that I am shocked. 

Why?  Because I have grown the largest breasts ever?  Gawd no!  It is laughable actually how little my body has changed.  When I look at other people's transition timelines, mine is a joke!  Well, maybe it is not mine that is the joke but other people's, as it is tough to understand whether or not everyone actually is honest about these things. 

For me.... physically what has happened in the 3 months that I have been taking a serious testosterone blocker, and applying an estrogen patch, has been pretty much nothing.  I have taken measurements every two weeks of most things from my neck down and there has been only one thing that has shown any change at all, my nipples.  Yup, my nipples have gained about 1-2 mm in diameter.  Which is saying a lot actually.  That means they have doubled in size! 

So, um yeah. that is the big change that has happened.  Nipples that are now about 2 mm, when before they were only 1 mm.  Yup people, that mm stands for millimeters if you don't know.  Oh, btw, since it has come up, and this is a major side rant - the US needs to get over our use of standard measurements.  What is it the US and like two other countries?  Yeah, major players in the world.  So US people, get over it the metric system is far better! 

Okay then, so what is up with hormones that is so flipping great? 

Well, my doctor explained it best.  Hormones are like the software that the brain and body runs on and now I can finally see, I don't think my brain was ever supposed to run on testosterone.  Maybe it would have been better though to say Operating System.  Maybe my doc doesn't really understand tech that much, but I do think she meant an OS.  Like you know a Windows machine trying to run on an iOS.  The feeling is difficult for someone to understand if they haven't ever experienced it for themselves.  It is indeed quite weird. 

Try explaining it to a board of eight employees at your job who run the health care appeal board.  Yeah, I'm sure they all totally grasped what I was saying.  Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Seriously, HA!

Okay, well whatevs..... so back to the story at hand.....

So um yeah.  I finally feel like myself, and I never even knew that I ever stopped feeling like myself.  But I did.  I did indeed.  I stopped being me, oh way back, just about when I began getting massive amounts of testosterone dumped into my system due to a little thing we call puberty. 

I never really knew it, but that changed me from the me that I like, to a different me.  A me that I always assumed I had to deal with.  How does one not deal with themselves?  With the fate that they were born with? 

Another way that I could try and explain how I have changed is something that I told my therapist - I no longer feel like a big angry penis. 

So, the angry part.  Since I'm being honest.  I have been angry for much of my life.  Angry at what, being a boy?  Maybe.  But if so I never knew that.  I have not been one of these people who has always known that I have been trapped in the wrong body.  Nope not me.  Anywho.... I have been very, very, VERY ANGRY!  At a myriad of things.  A vast array of differing and petty things.  PEtty now in hindsight, now on estrogen!  Ha!  Okay, so anywho, suffice it to say I've been an angry person.

The penis part..... when testosterone hit me, I began to have intense biological needs to stick it, the big hard it, into just about anything.  Seriously anything.  An apple pie?  Nope, never did that, but I did plenty that I am not about to discuss here.  But the need to get it in, and get off, has been a huge driving (ha) force in my life.  Like a life mission of sorts. 

So...... now, now that the fog is clearing, now I can see just how intense those two aspects of my personality became once testosterone came onto the scene.  But now, now the angry is departing and the penis is becoming friendly.  No longer a driving, surging, need, but now a fun friend that comes about when wanted.

And there you have it.  The some total of my experience with three months on HRT, 2 mm large nipples, and no longer a big angry penis.  If this is all I ever get, I know that it will be the right decision.  I mean sure, of course I want boobs, but if I don't ever get them, I think I will be okay with that. 

Right now, I feel okay with a large number of things that I never thought I would.

Right now, I'm pretty darn happy.

Happier than maybe I thought I ever deserved to be.

Be happy.

Love you!

Love yourself!

You deserve to be happy.

Seriously.

Oh - BTW, the newest picture on this post was from January 2016!!!  Ha!!!  Those are some nice looking boob!  (All shadows and photography tickery I tell you!)

5 comments:

  1. Wow, this brings back memories (about mammaries?... sorry) of the early feelings after starting estrogen therapy. I had taken blockers for a couple of years before, but the estrogen made such a difference. It was as if the irrational part of my brain was switched off and I could think about everything, including things that made me upset. I could think and choose to not react, or react in a way that seemed best for me; not a knee-jerk immediate anger reaction fuelled by T.

    You sound very happy, and yes, you deserve it!

    Hugs, Halle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting observation on the hormonal experience, Nadine. I read something similar last week about hormones making someone feel 'right' mentally and emotionally, even as they took away the desire to transition.

    I have thought long and hard about trying a low dose hormone treatment for that very reason. I would love to be happy on the inside, and have the clarity to really think about what that means for my future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look amply endowed in those photographs - trickery or not... ;-) I never felt that "urge" to the extent you did at puberty and discovered early on that I just didn't feel comfortable about myself or in misleading others others about me by acting out my sex-assigned role.

    For me, my penis was never that important and I think that I could be as happy or happier without it... There, I said it :-) I think that I would like to give hormones a try at some point to see if they might possibly make me feel like something other than a misfit...

    Cue the music!

    "Why am I such a misfit?
    I am not just a nitwit.
    Just because my nose glows...
    Why don't I fit in?"

    Hugs,

    Tanit

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once again, thanks for sharing SO MUCH. I am 53, and as my testosterone has gone down, I have become a much calmer man. For me, I will be able to skip the drugs. I feel very lucky.

    Clare

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always wanted to be on injectible estradiol, which is (from what I understand, wayyyyyyyy more effective.)

    My problem? Fear of needles!

    ReplyDelete