Monday, March 5, 2018

My Outfit - Actual Daily Wear

T-Shirt - No Idea - Similar @ Amazon
Long Sleeve - Mossimo: Tissue Tee - Similar @ Amazon
Jeans - Levi: Denizen - @ Target
Beanie -   - @ Amazon

This was the outfit I wore two days ago when I visited the dermatologist.  It is the result of going to work, taking off my work Polo shirt, and putting on one of my favorite tee-shirts instead.  Oh and yeah, I did enhance my bust as well.  Everything else is what I wore to work on that day.  Point being - while I don't always dress all fancy, pretty much each and every day I am dressed in female clothes.  Yes, even while I work.  And no, I don't work by myself.

I find it to be rather funny as I often tell people, please gender me according to how I am presenting.  So, those are the clothes I was wearing.  Now, here is a close-up of my face:


Why don't you try and tell me which gender am I presenting as?  Hmmmmm..... isn't that a damn good question?  Yeah, I think so.  Do you refer to me as male because of my facial hair, and some physical features, or do you refer to me as female, because of the clothes, the boobs, oh and yeah, the estrogen?  It really is too bad that we don't have universally used and understood pronouns that are genderless.


How about this:

The English language has gender-specific personal pronouns in the third-person singular. The masculine pronoun is he (with derived forms himhis and himself); the feminine is she (with derived forms herhers and herself); the neuter is it (with derived forms its and itself). The third-person plural they and its inflected and derived forms (themtheirthemselves, etc.) are gender-neutral and also used to refer singular, personal antecedents (e.g. "Where a recipient of an allowance under section 4 absents themself from Canada, payment of the allowance shall ..."[10])

Unsure how to refer to me?  I'll accept, he, she, or they, but if you call me it that may indeed be it for you and me.  Wanna put a smile on my face?  Go with the feminine!

Okay, that's it for today peeps!

Oh!!!!  I almost forgot.... isn't the saying on the front of this shirt ridiculous?  It totally reminds me of things I saw while in Japan.  They would put together English words that often made no sense at all!  Hollywood and Compton?  Excuse me?  Why in the world are those two together?  No idea.  No explanation has ever made sense to me, thus I love it!

Love you!

Love yourself!




No comments:

Post a Comment