Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Five Of My Favorite Products

This is one of my all time favorites, it is Sparkle Skin Body Exfoliating Cream.  I do quite a bit of body hair waxing, as I suspect many of you do and I also do quite a bit a shaving.  These two things combined cause me to get quite a few ingrown hairs.  I have tried many different products over the years and many different methods of dealing with those wonderful annoying little red bumps.  Using this particular product really helps.  I can't tell you that it completely removes all of my ingrown hairs, but it helps a lot!  Besides that it gives me such soft smooth sexy feeling skin that I totally love it!

This is two of my favorite ways to remove makeup.  The first is to round bottle, called Take Off the Day.  With Take Off the Day, I shake it vigorously, and put a tiny, tiny, amount on a cotton round and use it specifically on my eyes.  It does a great job of removing the most stubborn eye makeup and yet is totally gentle on my eyes.  I can easily use it to remove liner from the inside edge of my bottom lashes and have never felt it irritate my eyes ever.

The second product is the Wash Away Gel Cleanser.  After I clean my eyes I go into the shower and take a small amount of this product, put it into the palms of my hands, and use it to wash my face.  This removes any remaining makeup that I have on.  It also removes any residual leftover from the Take Off the Day, as that can feel a bit oily, but after using the second product, my face feels squeaky clean!

This is two of my newest products, maybe a couple of weeks old, but I love them!  With the Naked 2 palette from Urban Decay I think it is a great bargain, at $50.  So many of my other palettes have at most four colors in them and they cost just about as much as this one palette.  It also comes with a wonderful Urban Decay brush, which just feels luxuriously soft and yummy.  One of the really cool things about this palette is that lots of people have put video tutorials up on You-Tube showing different ways to use all of the various colors.  I also really like it as my eyes are kind of a blue green color, (if you ask my wife, she will tell you that my eyes actually change colors from blue to green.)  This palette is composed of various earth tone colors which really help to bring out the colorful nature of my eyes.  Colors on blue/green eyes don't work as well as earth tones.  So for me, this palette is perfect!!

The second product in the picture is the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil, in black.  OMG I LOVE this liner!  I have tried so many liners, with ill fated effects, but this liner, this wonderful little pencil is a joy to use.  It glides on very smoothly and effortlessly.  I can put it on with a larger line or a skinny little line and once you apply it, you have a minute or so to be able to gently smudge the line as well.  This makes it easier to get the liner down directly onto the lash line.  I also have used this on the inner line of my lower lashes and this product stays put!  Not many products that I have tried have been able to do that. When I got my makeover from UD the lady used this, but I did not buy it.  By the end of the day, when I saw that it was still exactly where she placed it, I had to have it!

Okay.  That is all.

Love Ya!


7 comments:

  1. It took me a long time to figure the answer to bikini zone bumps and I found it with a men's shaving product. I use The Real Shaving Company's Daily Face Scrub. It is a mild soap with an exfoliating abrasive. I soak in the tub for at least ten minutes before scrubbing and then use a non-foaming shave cream, also from Real Shaving Company, after shaving I use an Olay moisturizer. Everything else gets waxed. Oddly enough I love the feeling of ripping the hair out at the roots with a wax strip! It feels so... liberating! ;-) I am lucky in that what little body hair I have is very fine.

    Jennifer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer.

      I so love hearing about others experiences with dealing with this wonderfully irritating issue. I will so have to try your method of dealing with the bikini zone bumps.

      I too love the feeling of ripping out the hair at the roots. I love seeing it on the strip and knowing that I get to throw it away! Unfortunately I am not so fine haired. When I first started waxing my chest hair, the follicles bled! Yikes! So much easier now.

      Thanks again! :)

      Delete
    2. Oh, and I finally got around to getting a Google account so I will no longer be posting anonymously.

      I have really enjoyed your blog, Keep up the good work!

      Delete
    3. I noticed the addition of your account. Yay!

      Thanks for the complement on the blog :)

      Delete
  2. It's so cool how many tutorials you can find on how to use the Naked palette to give the desired look, some smart marketing for sure. It's so rewarding once you find the right products that help give you the best results, I know I had trouble with eyeliners until I found the right one for me. So much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so in love with the Sparkling Skin Body Exfoliating Cream!! If you have never tried it, you really should do so. It makes your skin so soft and does wonders with ingrown hair bumps. Love, love, love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete