Monday, August 12, 2013

Outfit for 8-12-13

Sweater - Ann Taylor
Tank - Mossimo
Skirt - Guess
Flip Flops - What's What by Aerosoles

I really like this sweater.  Obviously, I love the color.  But more than that, in the pictures, to me at least, the color helps my arms look smaller.  Which is kind of funny, as it is so bright!  But, paired with the black tank, in this case, my eyes are drawn to the black color instead of the pink.  Not sure why that is, or if it appears that way to you, but to me it does.

Yesterday I wore this outfit out for shopping, food, and the movies.  I finally found myself in a Payless Shoe store as we were trying to waste some time before dinner.  And yes, if you do not already know, I can verify for you that they have women's shoes up to size 13!  How cool is that!  Well, at least for those of you with larger feet that is.  I do try and keep my eyes open for those of you that are in need!  I found a cute pair of heels.  It was really funny, as Jules picked out a cute pair of blue with white polka dots platform wedges and I thought they were super cute and I looked and they had the same shoe but in a pale pink.  Of course for only $10 I had to have them.  Have I ever shared with you all that Jules and I have the same size shoe?  We always say we are going to borrow the others shoes but I don't know if we ever have.  Funny!

Anyways, it was cool to find the same shoe in two different colors.  I can totally pull of the pale pink color because my skin has a darker tone to it, whereas with Jules, her skin is more pinkish than mine and while she loves the pale pinky color, it just sort of blends too much with her skin tone.  So for her the blue shoes looked great and really made for a nice pop of color.

If you can't tell, or don't already know this about me, I espouse contrasting colors.  I think with your clothes, colors that contrast more with your skin tone look great.  And I also think the same thing about eye shadows.  I am so jealous of Jules' pretty brown eyes as she can totally pull off all sorts of cool colored shadows, whereas with me they just do not look as good.  Colors make her pretty eyes pop so much more, but with me, earth tones really make my blue/green eyes look great.

Interesting stuff here people!  What do you think?  Do you like contrasting colors or do you prefer similar colors more so?  Am I alone in my beliefs?  Am I totally off base?  Should I go for a super bright blue eyeshadow?  Thoughts?

Okay, Love Ya!

:)

11 comments:

  1. very pretty! i think you pull off this outfit well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very interesting! I find my eye drawn to the black top more than anything else. I thought that the pink sweater would make me look at that more, but I guess that the bright color helps the black stand out more. Hooray for contrasting colors, makes things more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! I totally thought my eye would be drawn to the pink sweater. Black generally makes it so that it does not stand out as much, but in this outfit it is totally the opposite. I wonder if it has to do with the pink being over the black. Hmm ponderables...

      Thanks Katie!

      Delete
  3. Cute outfit that works well for you. I am not a big fan of flip flops on anyone. It makes the overall neat look of the outfit look a bit sloppy and they make one's feet look big.
    As a rule I like a single color from the waist down to my toes. I think it is slimming and I need it.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pat. Not a flip-flop person huh? I wasn't really either until a year or two ago. Then I started branching out into semi-cute flip-flops. I do agree with you, they do make my feet look big, but at a ladies 9.5, I am not too concerned with it.

      I totally agree with you about a single color from the waist down in creating a slimming look. I don't always adhere to it, but I agree with the concept.

      Delete
  4. I love the outfit--although I can't wear flip-flops. They always give me blisters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      Blisters with flip-flops? Where? Between the toes? Jules and I were pondering this as it has never occured to either of us, so we are a bit curious.

      Delete
    2. between the toes!

      Delete
  5. Honey, I love this outfit! I think that bright pink color on you is amazing. I really like how it looks with your skin tone. Very flattering!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks cutie!! I also think that bright colors would look amazing on you. Get away from pastels.

      Smooches!

      Delete