Monday, June 1, 2015

Outfit for 6-1-2015 - Polka Dot Shorts

Shorts - H&M - Similar

I so totally love these shorts but I have had a very tough time trying to figure out how to wear them well.  It is so obvious how much my other clothes work to help make me look curvier.  With these shorts it is also SO totally obvious how I don't have any curves at all!  Ahhhhh!!!

Okay, anyway, what I did end up wearing with the super cute shorts is the top from Patty Boutique.  I think that this top works well with these shorts as it is a shorter top and ends very well right wear the waist of my shorts are.  That way it shows off the shorts very well, which is something that I don't normally do.  Also the top is scrunched up at my waist, as it is designed to do, and the bunched up bit of fabric there draws the eye to that spot and helps adds to the illusion of having a bit of curves and a smaller waist.

I also really like this top because of the nice cleavage that it gives me.  I have several tops from Patty Boutique and all three of them are cleavage showing tops.  You order them according to your bra size.  I bought them specifically to help show of my cleavage and they do a nice job.  This top is a bit loose at the bust and it is helped with a bit of double sided tape on top of the bra.  A little clothes trick there for you all!

One thing I am doing in this photo that is not obvious is a light tuck of my male bits.  I really do not prefer to do this as it tends to be a bit more than uncomfortable for me.  Trust me, I know how to do it right, it is just that my bits really do not like doing it.  But that has limited my clothing options and normally while wearing shorts I wear tops that extend almost to the bottom of the shorts.  With such cute polka dot shorts I really wanted to be able to wear a top that showed them off well.  I decided that I would endure a bit of discomfort for my fashion!  It worked out well enough!

Okay.  Love you all.

Wear shorts.

Wear more polka dots!

Love you!

Love yourself!

11 comments:

  1. Wow! Love the outfit! The top is awesome. Tough to see the shorts...somehow need a closer view.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment. I agree it is tough to see the shorts well. But I feel a bit odd putting up a close up photo of that area. Maybe I will try and see if I can find something that is acceptable! :)

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I thought about the "close" issue after I hit send...

      Delete
  2. You sure have some nice photos. Love the way the shorts show off those nice legs. And that top, to die for with all that nice cleavage shown. You sure are one lucky girl and have a fantastic life partner to allow all that you guys do together. Wish I too could do more than an occasional Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa. Thanks! I do feel fortunate but it has involved lots and lots of effort on both of our parts. It is obvious that you would like to do more than you do. What has caused you to feel as though you can't? I know at one point I felt as though I couldn't but I discovered along they way that it was more that I wouldn't because of my fears. They can be tough to face, and not always pleasant, but in my experience it has been worth it.

      Delete
  3. Everyone else has an opinion: what are your thoughts on Caitlyn Jenner? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for asking. That is a small question with a pretty big answer. I have many thoughts about Caitlyn. Suffice it to say for now I am happy for her and wish her well. Maybe I will write a post that gives my thoughts a bit more in depth. :)

      Delete
  4. Love the top, will soon be ordering one. Know you are not a fan of hip pads, BUT, I have been converted by my SO, REALLY helps with the curves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I love my Patty Boutique tops, all three of them. I got a halter top of theirs but it didn't work, so my wife inherited it. Bonus for me and her!

      Yeah, hip pads. I have them still. It has been a bit since I have worn them. I am not really opposed to wearing them still, I just kind of haven't. They do really help with the look of curves, but I am trying to figure out good clothing options that will negate the need for them.

      I figure, if you like them and they work for you, then go for it!

      Delete
  5. Great combination! I really like the colors and the top creates/accentuates enough curves to make up for any lack thereof lower down. Overall, I think it creates a good balanced appearance.

    D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cutie! I agree with the top making up for the lack of curves down below. A bit of cleavage always does wonders!

      Delete