Saturday, June 13, 2015

Outfit for 6-13-15 - Going to See Eddie Izzard

Dress - WHBM - Similar
Belt - WHBM - Similar
Shoes - Taryn - Similar

Not the best picture; it's a little off focus and the lighting is a bit off, but it was taken at about midnight after Jules and I got home from the awesome show we saw with Eddie Izzard.  It was the fourth time that we have seen him live.  The first was in Los Angeles, the second in San Francisco, the third was at the Hollywood Bowl, and this one was in Bakersfield!  Of all the places for him to come to, Bakersfield. Of course he started off the set with how in the world Bakersfield got its name.  As in, there was a large field and a whole bunch of bakers gathered there to make some bread!  Too funny.  Then of course he ripped on his own ignorance and joked that it was probably someone like Jeff Baker who founded it and maybe he should have Wikipedia'd it before he went on.


Jules and I enjoyed his show very much.  If you are able to catch the Force Majeure tour I would definitely recommend it.  His humor is very enjoyable for the two of us.  First off he calls himself an executive transvestite, secondly we love his British accent, third he knows comedy, and fourth his comedy comes from a highly educated place.  The amount of history that he knows is impressive and the way he infuses it into his routines is comic genius.  Currently he has done, or is scheduled to do, the show in 27 countries.  As well, he is going to do the show in Germany, speaking German and in France, speaking French!

There were some downsides to the show.  One of them was the temperature of the the theater.  Wow, it was warm.  The air conditioning was on, but being as it is a rather old theater and has super high cielings, down in the 8th row, we were all sweating nicely!  Oh right, women don't sweat, thus I told Jules throughout the night that I was glistening!  The other small bummer about the show was the woman sitting next to me who would boo on occasion.  It was an odd thing.  The rest of the theater, including myself, was howling with laughter and she was right next to me, booing.  She apparently took issue with Eddie's view of religion and of his love of the word "fuck."  Which he said that while he would be doing the show in two other languages, he would continue to infuse "fuck" throughout the shows.  The bonus is that she and he friend decided to leave the show about fifteen minutes before intermission.  Thus when Jules and I went back to our seats they never came back and we were able to spread out a bit.

Again, I would highly recommend the show.  It would have been nice to have been able to afford the super front row tickets, and get to enjoy the meet and great.  Maybe then I would have been able to get a photo with him.  That would have been wunderbar!

Hope you are all doing well.

Laugh more!

Go see Eddie!



13 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Nothing thrilling; a male's suit. I heard he had on heels, but form my angle, I couldn't see them. His nails were painted red, with a blue accent nail. I think it might have been the UK flag. Only once out of the four times I have seen him was he dressed in female clothes.

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I loved it when Eddie campaigned in the UK general election in May in a business skirt suit and heels. Too bad it wasn't enough to affect the result!

      Delete
  2. Great outfit! You were probably cooler than someone wearing heavy jeans. I know what you mean about heat, though. It's getting to be the time of year that I go into hibernation.

    I saw Eddie Izzard's show several years ago in LA. It was the first real event I went to en femme (pin stripe pant suit). I arrived alone, and then met up with a couple of GG friends. Mr. Izzard does a great show! Too bad some people don't know how to enjoy it.

    D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dara-

      Thanks for the complements. I had thought of wearing jeans and I am SO glad I didn't go that route!

      I wonder if we went to the same show? I have seen him the last two times he was in LA. At least his touring shows.

      Delete
  3. Now you are making me jealous!
    1. the polka dot dress.
    2. you look fab etc etc
    3. taking the wife to see Eddie.
    Not so jealous of the heat. It's a problem. Particularly if you have to wear a few extra items to be the right shape, as I do.
    8-) Penny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Penny!

      Thanks so much for the complements! Yeah, don't be jealous of the heat. Today it was 106! Ugh!!! Yucky!!!

      Delete
  4. If that's how you looked at midnight, I can't imagine how gorgeous you looked at 7:00! Thanks for sharing once again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look Fabulous in polka-dots. They're so feminine, I love to wear mine as well. As for the heat... at least it;s a dry heat, Where I'm at, it's only getting hotter. Just remember to stay hydrated. Love your blog,

    -Alana

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look amazing in that pretty dress! Love the polka-dots! :)

    And you got to see Eddie live! That's still on my to-see list! :)

    YouTube | Blog: Geekette in High Heels | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nat!

      Thanks for the complement. And good luck seeing Eddie, he is so worth it!

      Delete