Sunday, September 9, 2012

Results of Coming Out


A couple of months ago I let you know that while camping near the above pictured spot, I informed one of my colleagues and her husband, M & C, that I like to fully dress up as a woman.  I talked about it in this post.  At the time I wasn't 100% sure about how M would handle it.  But she handled it very well at the time, but I knew then that the true test of things would be how she handled herself in the future.  Its one thing for someone to say they are fine with me cross dressing but it is another for them treat me the same way as they always have.

Well now that a few months have passed I can tell you that M has changed how she acts towards me.  She is funner.  Our relationship is better than it has ever been.  I feel much more relaxed around her and she appears more relaxed around me.

For example, last night Jules and I had a party where about 10 people or so had shown up, M and C being one of the couples.  During the party Jules and I were cooking up a bunch of finger foods out of the duck we shot last season.  Everybody got really full but we were not done with what we were wanting to cook.  One of the dishes is a deep fried duck with honey sauce on it.  It is so yummy.  I insisted that I needed to have at least some it, so I started the process of cooking it.

At some point while cooking it, M came in and got something more to drink.  Several other people were in the kitchen at the time and M came up to me and said something along of the lines of "I don't know how you keep that girlish figure of yours while eating so much."  Nobody paid any special extra attention to what she said, but I could see the little glimmer in her eyes as she walked away.

I laughed in my head as the rest of the party conversation continued on around me and I kept cooking the next dish.

Thought I'd share.

Love Ya!

3 comments:

  1. Nadine
    I would accpet M's comments as one more sign that she has accepted you into the sisterhood. These small 'asides' are very heartwarming.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would completely agree. It made me feel extra accepted.

      Delete
  2. My experience with my sister-in-law was similarly changed. Once we were on the same page, we could drop into very personal conversations easily, and knowing asides became common. Nothing quite like being oneself to loosen things up!

    ReplyDelete