Thursday, April 14, 2016

Interesting Internet 2

From Monterey Bay Aquarium

Could you imagine going here?  -  I have got to figure out how to make this happen!

What are some feelings that some transgender folk have about dating?  Personally I feel fortunate to be in a marriage already but I am convinced that if this relationship ever should end that I will live the rest of my life alone.

My fave blogger, Sally, over at AlreadyPretty, wrote a fantastic article about figure diversity.  Have I mentioned to you before that I SO love her site because of her message of body acceptance?  It is a very healthy viewpoint that I know I struggle with.  Hmm... that's right I am transgender!

Why do so many people hate transgender people?  This is an interesting list, worth the read over at least.

These photo sets are hilarious!!  Maybe we should all drink a glass of wine before taking our pictures.  Do you notice how much more emotive the people are with 1 glass?  But by the time they reach 3, they look more than a little blotto!!

Okay, so I have recently found a few videos from Brene Brown that are FASCINATING!!!  I hope you enjoy them as much as I have!!

On Empathy

On Blame

The Power of Vulnerability

4 comments:

  1. Hold the phone... "Hmm... that's right I am transgender!"

    Hey cool, is this a first? I remember you saying that you might be, or that you're questioning... omg yay Nadine! I'm grinning ear-to-ear! I'm so happy for you! Accepting our truth can be so hard.

    <3 totally made my day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelly-

      Glad, I made your day, but let's just make sure we are on the same page about this.....okay? In referencing myself as transgender, for me that encompasses a large range of people. At one point, many years ago, I labeled myself differently, but now I do totally prefer transgender. It really though says nothing about my indecisiveness. I for now, am still happily existing somewhere in the middle of the gender spectrum, with no plans to push myself towards either end. Maybe plans to solidify my place in the middle, but that is an ever evolving effort. Hmmm! An EEE! I love it!

      So.... is that what you thought I meant by that statement?

      Thanks!

      Delete
    2. Yeah, my squee was all about your self-acceptance! Getting to that was a huge struggle for me, and accepting that I'd never find a label to fit was even harder. Today, when I call myself transgender, it's with the understanding that "trans" means "transcending."

      Keep being awesome!

      Delete
    3. Well then yay! I was just making sure we were on the same page, as I don't want to give the wrong impression about where I am.

      Thanks!

      Delete