Thursday, July 25, 2013

So What Do These Shoes Mean?

Shoes - Saucony

Once upon a time, somewhere in my research I found that it is generally considered to be true that you are a transvestite if you refuse to wear pants and a transexual if you do.  So what does it mean about me if I choose to wear these shoes?  They certainly are not 3 to 5 inch heels.  Well actually they are not heels at all, they are sneakers.

In fact when I wore these shoes, I also wore pants, see:
Pants - Guess
Top - Guess
Tank - Mossimo
Shoes - Saucony
Sun Glasses - Ralph Lauren

So what does it mean about me?  Well actually it means that I went into San Francisco on this particular day.  Check out this great photo:
Okay, you got me, that photo was not taken in SF, but rather after I was leaving it, from the top of the Berkeley Hills.  That is the Golden Gate in the background and Alcatraz in front of it.

Here is one of me actually at Pier 39, in SF, taking a break from shopping:
I went by myself for a little sightseeing and shopping.  It is kind of odd, but for some reason I really like going to where I grew up while dressed as a girl.  Not sure what is up with that, but many of these places, like SF hold a special place in my memories.  It is almost like a calming effect.  Not that I want to be able to go back and relive my childhood moments as a girl, like I wish I grew up as a girl, because I don't.  I enjoyed growing up as a boy, I think I just kind of wish I could have mixed in more girly times as well.

Okay, enough philosophizing.  I enjoyed my trip to SF, and got some cool earrings I will show you soon.  And FYI, if you choose to go, I highly recommend wearing sneakers and not heels.

Check out this awesome ice cream creation from Fentons in Oakland, CA:

I am hoping that it will end up going to my hips, though I'm not holding my breath! And yes, I was obviously still dressed as a girl when I walked into the packed restaurant and asked for a table for 1.  It was a great lunch, oh I did eat a chicken cesar before the ice cream.

So what does it mean about me that I chose to wear sneakers?  It means I am not a dumb ass!  It means nothing about my gender!  It means sneakers are far more comfy to do lots, and lots, and lots of walking around.  And you know what?  Nobody stopped me and said OMG your a tranny in tennies!  In fact, all anybody did was smile when I smiled at them.  I took it as a good sign when two young girls walked up and sat down next to me on the bench I was sitting on in the photo above, and then another woman came and sat down as well.  Pretty normal stuff, four girls sitting on a bench.  And you know what?  All of us were wearing tennis shoes!

Ha-Ha.

Love you!

Get out more.  Live your life dressed however you want!

6 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great time! Cute new shoes. :) And you know I totally agree with you about wearing comfy shoes while out walking around. Happy feet = happier person :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I would love to visit the west coast again. I spent 8 years growing up in Portland and it's a dream of mine to visit the places I remember, then drive down the coast to San Francisco. There is a place and time for heels, and walking around town is not one of them (I love the your colorful sneakers). I'll be wearing some flats when I go out to the pride festival in October. There's no way I'm walking around downtown Memphis and Beale street in some high heels. To a drag show...that's a different story. ;) I love the way you ended the post, it's so true that we just need to enjoy what makes us different and unique, and not worry about what others think.
    Love, Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a terrific time on my trip. I was out and about for 4 nights, 5 days, and I did not have a single piece of male clothes with me! It was fun.

      I had no idea you grew up in Portland. I suppose I just assumed you were from where you are now. How silly of me! :) No wonder we seem to click, you know, us west coasters! Ha-Ha.

      You know I never did make it to that drag show I mentioned to you awhile back. I still need to swing that one. The concern for me is that it is about 2 hours away from me, and generally quite late at night. I think I will need to plan it as an overnighter to that city. Ah well.

      Thanks Sweetie!

      Delete
    2. When people ask me where I'm from, I have a hard time explaining. I'm from all over the place. Born in Argentina, moved to Oregon, moved back to Argentina, back to Oregon, then to Ohio, Virginia, and finally Tennessee. Phew...Which explains why I'm not in the mood to move anymore.

      When we do go to a drag show, I usually have to take a nap so that I can stay up late. I'm usually more of a morning person than a night owl.

      I loved reading about your extended time and adventures as Nadine. You got so much done and it looked like you gained a lot of new perspectives.

      Delete
    3. I did get quite a bit done and it did feel like quite the adventure!

      Delete