Saturday, July 7, 2012

More Outfits for July

Top - Guess
Blue Tank - Mossimo
Skirt - Loft
Shoes - Aerosoles

Top - Guess
Blue Tank - Mossimo
Skirt - Guess
Shoes -Aerosoles

The above outfits were for Thursday 7/5.  Personally I don't really like either choice.  I think they look okay, but I have issues with how they both look.  I like all the items individually, but I am not so sure about them together.  I have been pushing myself to try and find some tops that look good while tucked in.  So far I still am struggling to fill this gap in my wardrobe.  But it is interesting in taking these pictures, it is helping me to find gaps in my wardrobe and hopefully I will find something to fill it soon.

Shoes - Life Stride
Skirt - Loft
Tank - Loft

Shoes - Life Stride
Skirt - Loft
Tank - Mossimo
White Top - Myth NYC

This skirt exemplifies some of the problems associated with sizing.  The skirt is a size 4.  Can you imagine, a size 4?  I am a man and I am fitting in a size 4 skirt?  When I took the skirt into the dressing room, I originally took a size 12.  Skirt after skirt I went down and down in sizes until I ended up fitting in this one comfortably, at which point I realized it is a size 4.  So people, try on your clothes.  Don't just go by a size on a label.

In these two picture from Friday 7/6 the top picture shows what I look like with a spaghetti strap tank.  I often feel as though that type of top exaggerates  the width of my shoulders as well as the bulkiness of my arms.  What do you think?  Do you wear things that allow your shoulders and arms to be clearly seen?  Jules keeps telling me that many girls have arms the same size as mine.  I keep telling her that I know, but most do not have the muscle definition that I have.

What do you do about your shoulders and arms?  Do you show them off or try and keep them hidden?

2 comments:

  1. I am by no means muscular, but I have shoulders and upper arms that are undeniably male. I have worn cap sleeves, but sleeveless may never happen. At the angle of your photo, the tank looks great. I wouldn't do a double take on the street. And I actually quite like the topmost outfit. Quite flattering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much Leslie. I appreciate the compliments.

    ReplyDelete