Saturday, July 7, 2012

My 100th Post - Friendship



A little bit ago, a few weeks maybe, I decided to email an old friend and share with her that I am a cross dresser.  I am not 100% sure what compelled me to do so but there were many things that I know influenced me.  One big one is that I have been lurking over at her facebook page and watching her push herself to do all sorts of things.  It has been very inspiring.

I emailed her my link and gave her a little heads up on what my blog is all about.  I wasn't sure what to expect.  Honestly, I was thrilled and yet terrified.  It really has nothing to do with who this person is, it had to do with me and my own fears.  Before this I had only disclosed my cross dressing to my wife, obviously, and to my sister.  And even telling my sister I was terrified!

Well my friend, B, was an amazing person to share myself with.  Here is a little of what she wrote back to me: "I so acknowledge and celebrate you sharing this with me! That took a lot of guts and I applaud you!"

Wow, what a great response!  I was so very touched by her kind and caring words.  It made me cry a little I was so touched.

I just thought I would share a little with you all about this to hopefully inspire you to face your fears.  You never know what might happen, but odds are all of the horrible negative things you think will happen, never will.  You will probably be pleasantly surprised at what the world will send back at you.

Love ya!  And B, love you too!

5 comments:

  1. Nadine, thanks for sharing this story. It's wonderful to hear the way your friend B responded to your revelation. You and she are very fortunate to be friends. Best wishes to both of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome. I've been wanting to share it since it happened, but hadn't gotten around to it. I thought it very fitting for my 100th post.

      Delete
  2. Nice one :)

    I think it's very encouraging that there are so many coming out stories – or "thinking about coming out" stories – going round at the moment. Maybe this is a major trend and the TV community is finally getting its shit together.

    Now I just have to go and do it myself...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your coming out to 'B'. I admire all that you do in getting out and about. Every time one of us has a successful interaction with the civilian population it is a small step forward for the rest of us.

    I would be curious to learn some of her other reactions to your blog.

    Congratulations of the milestone of 100 posts.

    Be well
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I am out and about I try my best to present a good image of cross dressers. I try and go out of my way to be polite and social with others. I love that they generally step up and go far beyond my expectations.

      I too am curious as to what B's other reactions may be to my blog.

      Delete