Thursday, July 12, 2012

Out Playing Pinball


This evening I returned from a trip being out and about while dressed as Nadine for the past four days.  Jules and I traveled around Cali going to a variety of places.  Last night we found ourselves in Santa Cruz.

We pulled in at about four o'clock and were happy to check in and get out of the car.  We ended up hanging out in the hotel for a few hours.  We weren't really planning on going to the coast and so we didn't have a large variety of warm clothes to wear, but I was happy with what I decided to wear.

The real highlight of this evening though was twofold.  One was being out among the huge crowd of people down on the boardwalk.  It happened to be that Santa Cruz shows movies on the beach on Wednesday nights, so the place was extra full.  We didn't really have any plans for dinner so we decided to just walk along and eat whatever piqued our interest.  Needless to say we ended up eating some overpriced fair like food.  But the crowds were huge!  There were so many people walking along out there.  It was quite fun!  I generally don't like crowds, along with Jules, but while being dressed it was quite enjoyable.

Normally while being out and about I try my best to just do me and not even look at people.  Last night though I was totally watching as many people as I could look at.  I tell you what, down in Santa Cruz, out of the thousands of people we encountered, I got about 2 or 3 stares.  And that was about it.  Other than that we encountered plenty of very polite and nice people.

The second highlight of the night was playing video games, skee-ball, and pinball while dressed as Nadine.  I am pretty sure I have never done that before.  I even got to play my favorite game, Galaga!  I really had a very fun time.

It was very enjoyable returning to a place that Jules and I had spent quite a bit of time as teens when we were first dating.

I have been a little behind in postings and updates but I will try and get to that tomorrow.

Love Ya!

6 comments:

  1. Sure sounds like an awesome time Nadine. To be that comfortable with one's self to do that, must have been so liberating. I guess it only helps when you encounter polite people, making you realize that there's nothing to worry about. I hope to have stories like that for myself someday. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a very liberating time. It sure does help when only encountering polite people. I would have to add that in the 3 or 4 years that I have been going out fully dressed, I have encountered many thousands of people and out of all of them I have only had 2 slightly negative responses. What I have repeatedly found is that my fears are only in my head.

      Delete
  2. You do look good in the picture. x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. you truly do look amazing! so how well did you score on galaga? (love that game, too!) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My score? It was funny, because I will often try and play until I get the high score, and then I tend to loose interest. This time the high score was maxed. I forget what the score was, something like 998,900. If the other player had scored more then the score would have flipped to zero. It's funny how old games are. I did fairly well. I had a bunch of extra lives, and people came by and said 'Wow you are good!' But I don't remember exactly how I did. Once I started dying though, it was all over quickly!

      Delete