Monday, February 27, 2012

Shoe Storage

Well awhile ago  I wrote that I should show you how I store my shoes so I finally got around to taking pictures of what I do.  I do think that I got this idea from Sal over at Already Pretty.  For 2/3 of my girl shoes I took pictures of them, put the shoes into a shoe box and placed the picture on the outside of the box.

This has made my shoe collection much more manageable, and clean.  Generally I do not wear my shoes enough for the dust to stay off of them and now with them being boxes they are completely dust free.  Before I did it I thought that I would be bothered with the hassle of having to take my shoes out of a box but I totally don't mind it at all.  In fact I love my shoe storage now.  It is very convenient and helps my shoes to stay nice.

This shows one third of my girl shoe storage. 

This is the other third of my girl shoes storage.

This is the last third of my girl shoe storage, but as you can see it is kind of mixed in with some of my guy shoes also.

This shows mainly my guy shoes, but a pair of my girl flats are also showing.

So on the floor of my closet  I have two shoe racks which hold mostly guy shoes and a few girl shoes.  Most of my girl shoes are stored in boxes which are stored on the shelves in my closet.

Overall I really like the system but I do wonder what will happen once I get too many shoes to fit on the shelves that I have.  But I figure I could probably get about 5-10 more pairs up there before I really have to worry about it.

There you have it, I hope I have inspired you to organize your own shoe space.

No comments:

Post a Comment