Thursday, July 5, 2012

Too Much - Outfits and More

Tank - Loft
White Top - Guess
Belt - I forget
Skirt - Guess
Shoes - Mossimo

Tank - Loft
White Top - Guess
Skirt - Guess
Shoes - Mossimo

These are two of my outfits from July 2nd.  I have been trying something new for some outfit pictures; I have been changing one piece of my outfit.  This has been interesting in pushing me to see different ways of being able to wear my items.  I think both outfits are nice but I really like the skirt in the lower picture.  Yes I know, you have seen it quite a bit by now.

Next...

Top - Guess
Skirt - Loft
Shoes - White String
Necklace - From a Winery

Top - Guess
White Tank - Mossimo
Skirt - Loft
Shoes - White String
Necklace - From a Winery

These outfits were from the third of July.  The necklace that I am wearing is not prominently displayed in the photos but I wanted to try and wear it.  I really like it, but I don't know if I have ever worn it out.   I hate when my stuff languishes away hidden in some drawer.  So I put it on and I think it looks good.  Can you tell, it matches my shoes?

Next...

Dress - Mossimo
Necklace - thrifted
bracelt - thrifted
Shoes - Connie

Dress - Mossimo
Necklace - thrifted
bracelt - thrifted
Shoes - Connie
Scarf - JC Penny

These outfits were from the 4th of July.  I am so happy about this dress.  It resembles very closely a dress that I threw away during my one purge about 10 to 15 years ago.  And it is also my one and only LBD.  I have not had one since I threw the other one away.  I like the addition of the scarf used as a belt in the second picture.  It really helps to define my skinny waist.  Because honestly, even with being in pretty good shape, this darn dress shows off every undesirable part.  The scarf really helps smooth things out.


Next...


Update on my July challenges:
 1 - outfits - yup kept up on those
 2 - eye makeup - yup done that
 3 - eyeliner - yup
 4 - exercise - every morning, but I have missed two evenings - boo - hiss
 5 - smoking - ah my nemesis - nope haven't kept up on that

So far I have done fairly well, but I feel bad about the smoking and missing two of my exercise times.  I will tell you that things were going well but then my wife, who has decided she would like be called Jules on my blog, was really struggling with quitting and we had a relationship meltdown.  Unfortunately that happens more often than either of us would like.  But I am still pursuing quitting smoking.  I have actually taken the step of talking with my doctor about it.  He gave me some nicotine inhalers and prescribed Wellbutrin.

Today I took my first ever anti-depressant pill.  Yup, Wellbutrin is an anti-depressant, which also happens to help people with the cravings to smoke.  My wife is doing it also.  We are hopeful that will also help us to get along better.

Next...

One last picture for you:

Liner - Lancome - gel liner - black fishnets
Shadow - Lancome - color design shadow - midnight rush 401

This one shows my attempt at creating a cat eye effect.  I like the look.  It helps to make my eye have more of an almond shape (translation - feminine.)

Alrighty, love ya!

2 comments:

  1. Of course, I admire your looks and your ability to dress and to get out and about but I am even more impressed with your ability to set goals and to stick to them.

    I have known people who have had success with Wellbutrin. My wife tried it on a few occasions and it did not help with her smoking. In her view it make her want to smoke even more.

    Over two years ago she went on Chantix. She did it for 3 months but has now been totally clean after almost 4 decades of smoking. I did a month of Chantix and was able to quit about 18 months ago. I also used CD awards as further incentive. During the cut down and initial quit period I purchased several new pairs of heels and a few new dresses.

    I would like to say that quitting has helped me feel better but I am not sure it has. I also gained a lot of weight and have so far only lost about half of the gain.
    Good luck.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pat. I appreciate the compliments. Thanks for the tips on quitting.

    ReplyDelete