Monday, October 12, 2015

Jules and I go to Dinner

Sweater - 89th & Madison - Similar
Wedges - Taryn - Similar

While we were in Monterey for my birthday Jules wanted to plan a special birthday dinner for me at a nice restaurant.  Generally we don't go out to many super nice restaurants as it is often not worth the cost that is associated with such locations.  (Well except for Peter Luger's in NY.)  But being as it was my birthday Jules wanted to make it an extra special night and took me to Chart House down on Cannery Row.  Well this place was certainly worth it to us that evening.  Jules had the abalone and I had the sea bass.  Both dinners were super yummy.  We finished off the evening by sharing a chocolate lava cake.  Ahh..... decadence anyone??


Aren't we just the cutest couple?  Okay, I have some bias in this situation don't cha think?


One of the reasons I love going out to Monterey is that with it being on the coast, the weather is so much cooler.  Thus I was thrilled that I got to wear my favorite coat!  Yay!


Here I am comparing myself to the wingspan of a California Condor.  Could you just imagine what it must be like to see one of these giant birds flying?  I so keep looking for them, but even while living in Central California, I never have!  Sucks.  Oh this is at the Pacific Grove Museum of Natural History, which we visited before leaving on Sunday.  It is a cute tiny little museum.  Kind of expensive at $9 per person if you are not a local resident.  But it interesting nonetheless.

Visit more museums!

9 comments:

  1. Dinner should begin with desert. Chocolate lava cake, I'm there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! The night prior to this one I was tempted to just get dessert for dinner entirely. We did have some dinner, but afterwards we went to Ghiradeli and I got one of my favorites, vanilla ice cream, hot fudge, and a brownie! Yummy!

      Delete
  2. You are absolutely the cutest couple. You are so lucky to have each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Nadine,
    what happened to my invite? Lost in the mail maybe???
    Just kidding of course, I'm glad to here you had a happy birthday!
    The Chart House has a great happy hour.
    I hope we can connect again someday soon.
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    PS, Say Hell-o to Jules

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristyn-

      I know right? I totally thought of you and your wife and thought about calling. But alas, obviously Jules and I decided to make it a wife and wife weekend alone. Oh well! Another time!

      Delete
  4. Both of you looking fabulous! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking great in those pretty dresses! :)

    Happy birthday! Hope you had a great weekend! :)

    YouTube | Blog: Geekette in High Heels | Instagram

    ReplyDelete