Monday, July 25, 2016

A Shout Out to Register.com

The other day I needed to update my payment information for my domain name registration for this blog.  Unfortunately this needed to be done over the phone.  I say unfortunately as I find things along those lines to be far easier if I can do it online.  Plus this particular company is an East Coast company, with East Coast customer support.  Thus I had avoided doing this for quite awhile.

Upon phoning the company, I was placed on hold and into the queue.  After a few seconds I was speaking with a nice sounding lady.  Of course, as I knew would happen, once we had the payment information done she began trying to sell me on a longer domain name period, at a discount.

Of course she already knew my domain name, and mentioned how catchy it was; which I of course appreciated.  But then she asked what my site was about.  Without missing a beat, I told her that I run a transgender fashion blog.  Also without missing a beat, she said, 'hey that's cool.'  She then told me about her male friend that she knew as a female child and how proud she was of him.  She was super respectful about the appropriate pronouns, to the point that it impressed me.

That was about when she told me that she was going to load my site so that she could take a look at it.  Of course this scared the crap out of me!  I mean, okay I might come off as pretty confident, but in real life I am not always so!  She told me that my site loaded and then commented that she liked the layout and design and then mentioned that I was also very good looking!

We chatted for awhile, she mentioned some prices, offered me a good deal, which I accepted, and then we were done.  The call maybe lasted for only about 15 minutes.  Afterwards, I was so impressed with the professionalism of this customer service rep that it left me glowing!

So.... it may not be the cheapest out there, but with this one phone call, with this one lady, this company has one me over for life.  I wish I knew her name, but alas, I neglected to get it.  Oh well!

Love you!

Accept yourself!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like she was great and she clearly knew the key to making a pretty girl happy is to tell her she is a pretty girl.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete