Tuesday, December 26, 2017

My Outfit - Light Makeup

Jacket - Max Studio - Similar
Sweater - White House Black Market - Similar
Shoes - Asics - Similar
Belt - Mossimo - Similar

Merry Christmas everyone!!

Okay so this outfit is a bit different for me in a couple of ways.  First off, can we talk about the jeans?  They are not my usual go-to type of jeans, don't they look a bit baggy for me?  Well I think they do!  They happen to be from my current selection of day to day work jeans.  Yes they are female jeans, they are just not super tight like most of my female jeans.  It is funny as while presenting as a guy, they seem tighter than most male jeans, but while presenting as a female, they seem a bit looser than most female jeans.  I like them!  They go right between the genders!  Ha!


The other reason why this outfit is a bit different for me is that I don't have any foundation on my face.  It has been almost 6 months since I started taking estrogen and it has made my skin be much more sensitive, especially the skin on my face.  Now when I shave super close my skin often is so sore that I don't want to put anything on it at all. 


At one point in my life I had to make sure that everything about my presentation was as perfect as I could make it be.  My outfit had to be right, my hair had to be right, my makeup had to be right, my frickin' fingernails had to be painted, and not chipped!  I suppose that I had this idea that if everything about my look wasn't right, then that would be the thing that would make people torch and pitchfork me!  Ha! 


Okay, I may laugh about it, but seriously, this is something that I am still dealing with.  I have become far more annoyed with foundation, and with my hair!  These are both things that lately I have not always been wearing and still going out in public.  I am chipping away at my insecurities, but it is still hard.  No I have not been torched or pitchforked with my mixing up my look.  If anything, all I have been has been more comfy!

Did you notice the tennis shoes in this photo?

I just hope that I keep my style the further down this estrogen path that I go!

I like my style!

Love you!

Love yourself!

Love your own style!

3 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas! Congrats on 6 months!

    Clare B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't laugh too soon - you will always be susceptible to pitchforking and burning in the latest transgender "witch hunt". The ignorance and hatred will not fade for generations - if ever. Your face looks great without foundation (from this distance) but the "boy" jeans, not so much... Just sayin' ;-)

    Hugs,

    Tanit

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nadine

    Best Wishes for 2018 from me.
    Keep blogging and have a great New Year.

    Lotte

    ReplyDelete