Friday, June 22, 2012

I Want to be a Jeannie


I want to be a jeannie.  I want to be able to wiggle my nose or blink my eyes or wave my magic wand and change anything that I want to.  I want to blink my nose and be a hot sexy girl.  I want to blink my nose and be a tall handsome rugged looking man.  I want to wiggle my nose and be a dog.  I want to change myself into an eagle and fly through the sky until I spot a salmon and dive down and gorge myself on it's yummy raw fatty flesh.  

I want to be these things, I want to be all of them.  I want to BE them!  I don't want to be an imitation of them.

There is only one perfect thing that I can be and that is to be me to the fullest.  And me is somebody that is far different than just about anybody else that I have ever met.

For example, here is a picture of my hand today as I sit here and write this.  Oh and BTW, I am at work.  Oh, and I am dressed as a guy.  Why do I have my nails painted and obviously girly rings on?  I'm not sure.  Oh and I also am wearing a girly undershirt, and girly underwear on.  Oh and both of my ears are pierced.  And yet I am still presenting as a guy.

I have read from so many trans people and groups and conferences that they do no like when people present as a mix of genders.  They want people to be either one or the other.  They want people to pick.  Well I have picked and this is me.  Sometimes I present as a guy, with little to no girly attributes.  Sometimes I present as a girl with little to no guy attributes.

And most of the times I present a mix.  This to me is possibly my favorite.  I like mixing things up and forcing people to question their preconceived notions of what is acceptable behavior for a given gender.

If I were a jeannie, would I change myself into something else?  Most certainly, but I doubt I would remain that for very long.

3 comments:

  1. It seems to me that you have found a way to preserve, or regain a child-like state of mind.
    I well remember being the bear, or being the hawk. Perhaps this is the greatest gift a two-spirit, or mixed spirit has?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, I want to be a jeannie too!

    I'm all in favour of mixing genders as well. x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nadine,
    Jeannie is exactly who I would like to be ~ especially if I could spend some of my Jeanine time looking like Barbara Eden.
    There are parts of me that love to press the envelop and I do it in many ways. Wearing polish and rings may be one way in which you press the envelop.
    I like it.
    I also do not see things as one way or the other. I keep my genders mixed as much as I can.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete