Monday, May 13, 2013

Outfit for 5/13/13

Crochet Top - Still don't know - Thrifted
Tank - Guess
Skirt - Guess
Shoes - New York Transit
Purse - Borrowed from Jules, unsure who made it

I wore this outfit for a day out with Jules.  She had made an appointment to have her first ever bra fitting.  I thought this was odd considering she is 41.  I suggested she go have it done after she modeled all of her bras for me and asked me which ones I thought actually fit her.  I had the unfortunate task of being honest and telling her that I didn't know if any of them fit very well.  Oh well, the bane of my existence, honest to a fault. I find that more often than not people aren't wanting you to be honest, they are wanting you to validate how they feel.  In the end I told her I am not an expert, maybe you should consult one of those.  So she did.

Want to know what is involved?  Where my wife went, Soma, the sales associate asked Jules her name, and told Jules her name.  They then went into the dressing room together and closed the door.  The lady then measured under and on top of Jules' bust, while she was still fully clothed, and then went and found her bras in that size.  Jules would try them on and the sales lady would come and evaluate if the garment actually fit.  Eventually Jules settled on two different choices.  And then we paid and were done.  It took all of about 15 minutes or so; very uneventful especially considering that Jules was so nervous I thought she was going to pee herself.

As it turns out Jules has been wearing the correct size, but not necessarily a correctly fitting bra.  Now at 41 she finally knows how a bra is supposed to fit and has two that actually fit.  Yay, good for her.

During our outing I suggested going to TJMaxx as we had some time to kill before we had to then go to a Dr's appointment for her.  While we were there the sales lady ringing us up complimented me on my crocheted top and asked who made it and where I got it.  I unfortunately do not know the answers to that, and told her so.  But I appreciated her complement of my outfit.

A couple of funny things happened at the Dr's.  I went in with Jules to see the Dr in his room.  He kind of gave me an odd look as I followed Jules into the exam room.  Jules then spoke up and told the Dr I was her wife.  He shook my hand and I took a seat while the Dr and Jules spoke.  Somewhere during the conversation the Dr asked if we knew of someplace or other, and we responded with "no."  He then said, well I was just asking because I see many same sex couple that come from there.  Fairly complementary huh?  Jules and I thought so.

Okay, gotta run.  Love ya!

9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I too really like that top, I love its unusual funky style.

      Delete
  2. Nice story about the trip to the doctor. I must confess to a little pang of jealousy. Passing is something I am sure I will only ever do barely, at a distance, in poor light! 8-)
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Penny.

      Yeah, passing, such an interesting thing. I don't know if any of us are super confident in passing at all times in all places with all people. I know I am constantly paranoid at people staring at me, which happens ever single time I go out, btw. The best way for me to handle it is to not look. I generally give most people a passing glance and that is it. I often joke with Jules that if another cd were right in front of me I probably wouldn't even notice.

      Thanks Penny.

      Delete
  3. I think passing is a bit above my pay grade but I do try to get out and about when I can realizing that the odds are overwhelming that I am clocked. My goal is to 'blend'. Not get people upset or concerned.

    You look great in that outfit and I am glad that you and Jules had such a great day out and about.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I totally agree with just trying to blend and not get people upset or concerned. I am still so terrified of people having some sort of negative reaction to me. I try hard to not let it affect my behavior.

      Thanks for the complement on the outfit! I really like it!

      Delete
  4. i'm not sure if this went through but you look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the earlier one went through, but I will delete it.

      Thanks for the complement on my looks!

      Delete
  5. you are most welcome! a well-dressed lady should always receive compliments! :)

    ReplyDelete