Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Outfit for 12/24/13 - Wine Tasting Again!

Coat - Guess
Blouse - Wrapper
Skirt - Guess
Shoes - Nine West

With this outfit I am wearing several of my favorite items.  Of course there is my new red coat, which I just adore.  The pictures really do not do it justice.  It is just so super cute!  There is also my trusty Guess jean skirt, my asymmetrical Wrapper blouse, and lastly my awesome blue pumps!

I think some part of me chose this outfit to be comfy, and relaxed because on this day Jules and I were going wine tasting.  In the past I have been concerned about me being out dressed as a girl, but on this day I was really just concerned with Jules and her well being.  As most of you know she broke her leg, rather severely on Sept 1st.  A couple of weeks ago I asked her if she was up for a shopping trip and she said yes.  I was super excited and we booked a couple of nights out near one of our favorite malls.

I was so impressed with her and her ability to get around (she is still on crutches.)  But while we were out in public, I was so stressed about her safety.  She handled herself just fine and was totally capable but I was still very worried if everything would be okay.  We shopped for a couple of days and everything went fine.  Jules was quite tired, but good.

On our day home, we decided to visit a couple of our favorite wineries.  Now that I look at my outfit and see what I chose to wear and I realize, I was a little stressed.  The two of us had a great day and again everything went fine.

I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday.

Love you!

6 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to both you and your wife, Nadine! I think you have earned it! :D

    Hugs,
    Cass

    ReplyDelete
  2. We like doing the wine tasting tours up on the NY Finger Lakes. I would love to try doing it dressed in the fashion that you are dressed but it seems that most women do the tastings in jeans and not skirts.
    You look great.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the complement Pat.

      Jules and I tasted once, with my sister and her husband somewhere out on Long Island. I have no idea where, but it was a great time though I was not dressed nearly as nicely.

      You do touch on an interesting point in regards to blending, many women frequently do wear jeans and simply by wearing a dress or a skirt one tends to stand out more. Interesting.

      Delete
  3. I'm happy to hear that you two had a great time out, doing some shopping (a couple of days? wow!), and finishing of with some wine. What a wonderful way to spend some quality time together. I'm glad to read that Jules is coming along with her recovery. Merry Christmas to you both and a very happy and healthy 2014!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie. Yes a couple of days of shopping, which was fabulous!

      I too am sooooo happy about Jules :)

      Delete