Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Outfit for 5-20-14 & Shopping Advice

Sweater - Chaus New York
Tank - Charlotte Russe
Skirt - Guess
Shoes - Saucony

Wow, I am so behind in my outfit posts!  I have a backlog of outfits to post up so I thought I would choose this one for today.  This was an outfit that I wore for a day of my last mega shopping trip.  Mega shopping trip you ask?  Yeah, if I did not mention it before I went shopping for about 3 days about a month or two ago.

Anywho, I specifically wore these items to help facilitate my shopping.  Wearing a tank and the little sweater, I could often just try something on while standing next to the rack instead of having to hassle with the dressing room.  And having the sweater along allows me to check and see what no sleeved items will look like with the sweater.  I also especially like wearing a skirt while shopping.  It is so easy to take on and off quickly.

When I used to shop I rarely tried things on.  I suppose I was embarrassed.  But now when I shop I try on lots and lots of things.  I probably end up buying about 1/10 of what I try on.  I really like grabbing anything and everything to try on.  Lots of items do not look very good at all while hanging on the rack, but once you try them on, wow!

So with this in mind, I prefer to dress in clothes that will be easy to take on and off repeatedly.  And this is possibly my best shopping advice for all of you.  Try on clothes, lots of clothes, over and over, and do not feel bad when you take back 10 items and buy none of them.  This is what shopping is all about.  That way you will most likely end up buying things that actually look good.

Oh and lastly, my most important item while doing lots of shopping, tennis shoes!  Don't get out there with your 5 inch heels on and think that you will be able to shop for the day.  Crazy!  Wear comfy shoes that are made for walking, like say, tennis shoes.

And btw, I got two complements on this outfit on this day.  Some random guy who said he really liked my "sneakers."  And a really nice sales lady who said, once I handed her my male license for my purchases, "Wow, you do this really well."

Okay, end of advice for today folks.  I have been super busy lately.  I hope things in your world are going well.

Love you constant reader.

You are awesome.

Got any of your own shopping advice to share?

Love yourself!  :)

4 comments:

  1. Cute outfit per usual, Miss Nadine! :D Keep 'em coming, please!

    Hugs,
    Cass

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its so nice to see your eyes. Are you wearing stockings?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I don't know if I realized it before you said something, but yeah I do take lots of photos with my sunglasses on. Hmmm something to consider.

      And no, no stockings. While I do own several pair of stockings, I rarely wear them.

      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete