Sunday, July 13, 2014

Outfit for 7-13-2014 - Capri Leggings

Dress - Xhiliration
Leggings - White House Black Market
Shoes - Merona

Favorite part of the outfit?  The leggings!  The last time I went shopping at WHBM I picked out a tunic to try on and the sales lady asked if she could grab some leggings and put them in my dressing room for me.  Which reminds me, I love the SAs at WHBM.  They are very consistently cool.  They always take my clothes and start a dressing room for me as well as adding to the items I have picked out.  They have given me water to drink, brought me different sizes, and have always been great.  But maybe this is just the store I go to.

Anywho, I tried on the leggings with the tunic and thought I would hate them!  I mean capri leggings make people look short.  Who wants to look short?  But I put them on with the tunic and looked in the mirror and Jules and I loved them!  They were super cute.  So I had to have them.

In this outfit I paired them with this inexpensive little dress from Target.  I always thought it was a bit short, so the leggings go perfectly with it.  I didn't feel uncomfortable at all with the leggings combined with the kind of short dress.

Incidentally, I got rid of the shoes after this photo shoot.  I like them because of their nude color but I hated them because they have all sorts of little cutouts in the fabric and my skin bulges into them and hurts.  So they are gone!

Hey did you happen to notice, I started a new blog, Nadine's Bits & Pieces.  I linked to it up near the top of this page.  I have been wanting some place to post little tiny things, like a thought, or a picture, or snippets of lyrics.  I had thought of a Tumblr, or some other such platform but I like Blogger, so I thought I would try it out for a bit.

Gotta run.

Love you!


14 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I'm a lover of leggings. Over here in the northeast the winter is a great time to wear them. Not being truly "out" I can get away with wearing them to the store or errands. Wish I lived closer, I would love to shop with you! Love, T.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not always been a lover of leggings, but I think my problem has been the quality of them. I love the WHBM pair I am wearing above.

      Shopping together would be a blast. I love shopping, does it show?

      Thanks T

      Delete
  2. Leggings are great for the gam-endowed amongst us - such as yourself. ;D You're right - they go perfectly with the dress, and you look super-cute!

    == Cass

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you like your leggings as well, so back at you with the nice gams. :)

      Thanks cutie!

      Delete
  3. So cute Nadine! I love it all, but I hate you because you fit in shoes from Target, and I don't! Ok so maybe I don't hate you, but I am extremely jealous! Damn big feet. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Kristina! I feel so bad for those of you who struggle to find shoes. I am so fortunate, sorry! And to think I used to hate my feet.

      Delete
  4. I like the top and it does work well with the leggings. I think I have that exact pair of Merona perforated wedges. I would think that they should be more comfortable to wear than they look but that has not been my experience.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pat. Funny about owning that same shoe. I really thought it would be fine but long term, it is a no go!

      Delete
  5. You inspired me to take mine out. I have been wearing them around the house for a few hours and they are not too uncomfortable, just a little pinch above my left big toe. THe perforations do not bother me. I need to wear them out of the house to see how they hold up.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck Pat. I hope you can wear yours. Mne are currently at Goodwill!

      Delete
    2. I am on a business trip and wore the wedges for most of the 5+ hour ride and they were fine. I decided to head out to a bar after checking into the hotel and walking to the bar the shoes hurt.
      Last night I went out again and upon getting out of the car the shoes were digging into my feet so I went back to the car and put on my pumps. I have a feeling that the wedges are not too far from the next trip to GoodWill

      Delete
    3. Too funny Pat! That was pretty much my experience with them as well. They were fine, as long as I wasn't actually doing much walking in them. And my shoes need to be able to be walked in! Too bad, as I they were my only nude heel. Oh well, more shopping!!

      Delete
  6. Love the outfit! I think the Capri leggings add a youthful element to it. Too bad about the shoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I know the shoes make me sad. But it does give me reason to shop for a new nude pair of heels. :)

      Delete