Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Outfit for 7/9/14 - 109 Degrees


Top - Patty Boutique
Skirt - Love Culture
Shoes - New York Transit

Jules and I went out this past Monday for the day.  It was predicted to me about 105.  We planned on getting our nails done, having lunch, and catching a movie.

I figured this skirt would be perfect for the day.  It is super light weight and a fun, big but short skirt.  I have actually been looking for one like this for some time and I finally found it.

It is interesting to where in that it is different then most of my other skirts.  They are tight, and this one is very poofy.  With my other skirts a looser top is fine, but with this skirt, it needs a tighter top.  I found that I don't have very many tighter tops.  Thus I wore what kind of worked, but I am still not 100% with this outfit. I think the top needs to be tighter or the skirt needs to be poofier.

It was my 2nd time in public showing my arms, maybe that is what I am bit bugged by.  Maybe, it was the temperature while taking these pictures:

Yeah it gets hot here.

Hope you are cooler than me!!

Love you

14 comments:

  1. OK, you look seriously cute in that outfit! You should go for more skirts like that in the future. Just my two cents. :c)

    Hot & steamy here in New England (and I have the crazy curls to prove it), but after the past two horrid, never-ending winters I am not complaining. As a wise friend observed, "You don't have to shovel the dew point." Amen. :D

    Hugs,
    Cass

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Cass, you are too kind. Thanks so much!

      Yuck! Shoveling snow? Sounds about as much fun as some of my chores, :)

      Delete
  2. I also think you look super cute! Your arms look fine.

    Tammi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tammy. My wife keeps reminding me that her arms are bigger than mine, and I am trying to listen!

      Delete
  3. Wow, you got your hair pulled up. You always look good.Wish I had your taste.The pic on the right makes the outfit more body hugging..T.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for noticing the hair. I think it is the first time I have had it up in a picture. :)

      Delete
  4. Well done Nadine, that's a very nice outfit and you look very cute in it. I think that the horizontal stripes of the skirt increase the volume of your hips which balance the volume of your hair in the picture on left side.
    Since you own great legs you can definitely afford short skirts.
    Hugs. Betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the complements Betty. I agree about the stripes!

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  5. I like the outfit and did notice that you had your hair up. I find that head heat from wigs is one of the hardest things about being our dressed in the summer heat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pat. Yeah wearing a polyester cap in summer heat can be pretty darn hot! Damn looking pretty!

      Delete
  6. Love the skirt have one very similar! Totally agree you need a tight top with a full skirt. I found that I didn't like black with it, it sort of cut off my top. I paired it with a burnt orange top and liked the results much more.

    Vivian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vivian. I think it was you who sent me a picture of a totally cute outfit that inspired me to try and recreate it. And this is the result so far. Glad you like my attempt. Good thought on the colored top. I will have to try it.

      Delete
  7. Nadine you look absolutely stunning!

    Your hair is great! (that's a wig???? - OMG!)

    I'm glad that someone pointed out that the horizontal strips add a look of wider hips. I can see it in your pictures. I'm going to have to see how that might work for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again Jen! Yes it is a wig. One that I took a bit to find, but a wig nonetheless. Go for the horizontal stripes, I love them!

      Delete