Monday, November 10, 2014

Outfit for 11-10-14 - Black & Red Dress

Dress - MaxStudio
Belt - Mossimo
Shoes - Nickles

Jules and I decided to go to the movies today.  It was predicted to be in the 70s and I wasn't sure what I wanted to wear.  Surprise huh?  I had purchased this dress awhile back and it has been yelling at me to take it out and wear it.  I wasn't sure though if it was movie appropriate or not, but figured what the heck!

It turned out to be perfect.  It was just right for the weather and it is super comfy!  I really like the addition of the belt with it.  Belts, what amazing tools!  They so help to define ones waist.  The dress is great without the belt as it is quite tight and helps to accentuate what curves I actually do have.  But with the belt, that really just cinches it up against the smallest part of my waist,

We ended up seeing John Wick.  It was pretty entertaining.  We both like Keanu Reeves and especially enjoy him in shoot-em-up action thrillers.  There was lots of shooting and death and mayhem, typical.  The story line was such a replayed tired out theme, but oh well, nothing is new and original, everything is borrowed.  When that show ended we got tickets for the new Dracula flick.  That was also entertaining.  It was interesting in hearing the story from Dracula's point of view.  It is interesting how many movies are coming out where the traditional bad guy is now the good guy.  Interesting.

Hmm....  I'm a bit drained today.  Jules' effects of her depression reared its head on the day I wore this actually, and I am quite exhausted currently.  I always end up as the obvious easy target.  I often read others woe's about how difficult their spouse has it with a transgender partner, and inside I giggle.  I don't mean to be rude, though I know I often am as my opinions are quite upsetting to a good many.  But really living with someone who can't seem to overcome their depression is exhausting and demoralizing.

Especially since I too suffered from depression at one point in my life, but I saw the light and pulled myself out of the depths when there was no one else to rely on.  And for any of you that do suffer from depression, I don't know if this will help you or not, but the key for me was to understand that I had to rely on myself.  I had to find an inner strength.  A belief in myself.  Know that I was there for me and I would never fail myself and I would never leave myself.  It has not meant that I would fill myself with false beliefs about who I was.  But rather, I would face my reality and if I was not happy with it, only I could change it.  And I have worked hard to change who I am so that at the end of the day I can proud of who I am.

Be proud of who you are.

Work hard to be proud.

Put in the hard work to be proud.

Proud of you.

Love you!

14 comments:

  1. I’m sorry to hear that Jules is not good at the moment. I know what you are going through, my other half has also her ups and downs and it is difficult when one has to bear the full brunt of it. One cannot but be there for her, as you are for Jules. And as you said it can be an exhausting task doing the right thing at the right moment with little forewarning of what’s to come.
    All the best to you both.
    On a lighter note, wow! You look so good in that dress and yes the belt gives it that bit extra and adds to your curves. I’m always amazed how good you look in the clothes you show us. I take it Jules has to give critical approval before the camera is let lose.
    If not, then you’re a natural..
    Love
    Abigale

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Abigail.

      I wish I could say that I am always there for Jules. But that implies I am actually helpful. Truth be told, it is often too hard to be helpful when it so hurtful. As well as when battling with a demon such as depression it often takes something just as wicked.

      Ahywho - Thanks for the complements on the dress. And no, Jules does not give critical approval. Long ago she decided she is not really interested in fashion, again an effect of lifelong depression. Thus I will accept "the natural" complement!

      Thanks cutie!

      Delete
  2. Looking beautiful as always, Nadine! :)

    Hugs,
    Cass

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too kind to me Cass, thanks I appreciate it!

      Delete
  3. Awesome dress and shoes Nadine!

    My N also has suffered from deep depression and its part of who she is. We never know when an episode is going to hit her so I can really relate.

    So glad to see you proud of who you are!!......Joanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joanna!

      Yeah, the never knowing when it is going to come up really keeps one on their toes huh?

      You continually help me to remember to be proud of who I am, via your blog, and I thank you so much for that!

      Delete
  4. That is a great dress. I was planning to go out tonght and had been planning on a shin lenght black dress but I have a nice red and black floral design that is not that diffferent from yours that I may opt for. Of course I need to lose a ton of weight to have anything that would pass for a waist but we do the bes that we can with what we have to work with.

    LIke many I have had my periods of stress and worry and I know that my wife deals with being depressed from time to time. Her big issues is she has worries and fears that prey on her mind. I know that getting my pretty on helps me feel better but the idea of my being out in a dress is one of her fears so I do what I can to keep her from worrying and try not to add to her concerns.
    It is a balancing act of sorts.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pat. So what did you end up wearing? Oh and btw, a belt works great, even with some extra around the middle. Sometimes it actually works even better!

      Jules' depression stems from long ago early childhood family events that set her on a particular course and mindset. It is not this overwhelming catatonic sort of depression, but rather a constant low level smolder that occasionally flares up. The fact that it has been present for so much of her life makes it difficult for her to recognize it. But when events (not related to my dressing at all, btw,) inflame it, it reacts and attacks whatever is closest, which too often is me. :(

      Thanks for the thoughts, I always appreciate how much you make me think!

      Nadine :)

      Delete
    2. I wore the shin length gauzy black dress. I had hoped to get out at least one of the nights of Halloween weekend and this dress, with a few accessories, could have done well. It is a nice dress that drapes well and I wore it with black hose and black pumps.

      I went to Drag Bingo at a nearby LGBT club. I have become friendly with the DQ that runs bingo and I often comment on her outfits and she said that she liked the dress I wore last night.

      As Van Morrison sang in "Wild Night", "All the girls walk by dressed up for each other". I wonder if in some fashion I dress up for others who can appreciate my being out and about as a large man in a dress?

      Pat

      Delete
    3. My wife, my friend Vivian, and I, often comment that we dress to impress each other, well other women actually and not men. Most men lack any fashion sense!

      Delete
  5. You look great in that dress! :)

    I'm sorry to hear about the depression troubles with your wife. I have no idea what it's like to be in such a relationship nor do I have any clue what it's like to suffer from depression myself. So I just hope the best for you both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nat! Good to hear from you. :)

      And thanks for the well wishes. And that is great that you have no personal experience with depression; fabulous!

      :)

      Delete