Monday, April 20, 2015

Outfit for 4-19-2015 - I Have Arms!

Dress - White House Black Market
Shoes - Taryn

Oh goodness, I SO love this dress.  I love the fit of this dress so much, I bought a 2nd one that is basically the same dress, just black with white polka-dots.  But I like this one a little bit more than the other one.  This is my favored one because I there is something about this dress that immediately made me less self conscious of my arms.

Arms are one of those "tells" that I often feel very aware of.  My sense of insecurities is so intense it often amazes me.  After all of this time and still I think that doing something like showing my arms is going to cause the masses to finally pitchfork me!  I keep trying to tell myself that regardless of what I think everyone HAS to know that I am a guy in a dress.  And if that is the case, then what difference would it make if I show my arms.  Who cares how many "tells" I give the world?  If they all know that I am a guy anywhere then what does it matter?

It really shouldn't!

Suffice it to say that I am self conscious of showing my arms while dressed as a woman, but when I put on this dress my arms seemed to disappear.  Wow, what a magical dress!  And ever sense I have been trying to determine what it is about this dress that makes it appear that way.


When I look at the above pictures, the picture on the right clearly shows my arms.  And obviously my arms have not shrunk in the dress.  And yet, with the photo on the left, and the one on top, my arms appear smaller to me.

The dress does fit extremely well, thanks to the side zipper on it.  But I don't think that is what does it.  I think it is the large stripes.  Something about the large blocks of color I think makes my arms appear smaller.  I also think the large black stripe right under my bust draws your attention to that spot on my torso.  Which is also awesome as that is the smallest portion of my waist!

I wore this outfit while out shopping this weekend.  It had warmed up and was predicted to be in the upper 80s.  Jules and I went to Macy's, JCPenny's, and Cal Spas, and to Costco.  We had a few things to pick up.  Some makeup, a part for our outdoor spa (yummy!) and of course household goods at Costco.  It was a nice day, and I really did not think about my arms at all!

Updates:
- Thanks to everyone for their opinions on my photos, yes I did enter the Glamour Boutique contest!
- My puppy is doing great.  We have had him for about 3 weeks now! Yay! Puppy!
- Drama continues to ensue with my dad's ex.  Which sucks! But I am getting through it.

I think that is about it lovelies!

Thanks for everything!

Love you!

:)

5 comments:

  1. Very nice...very summery. Homerun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exercise your right to bare arms.
    I think you are right about the strategically placed bands of color helping to accentuate the right things. I also think the cut of the dress helps as well. And it all works together with your build to create a good look on you.

    D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Normally I am not a fan of horizontal stripes but that dress does wonders for you.
    The other day the local paper had a bunch of photos of Bruce Jenner in a maxi dress with thinner black and white horizontal stripes. They also did a collage of several of the Kardashian clan in similar stripes. I think you wore your stripes better than Bruce wore his.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not seen the Jenner dress you mentioned. I shall have to look it up and check it out.

      Thanks for the complement Pat!

      Delete