Saturday, January 9, 2016

How Many Bras are Too Many Bras?


Okay so there is a bit more pictured here than just bras.  There are a couple of clothing items folded up on the seat of the couch, but most of that pile is tank tops bras.  In front of that is my collection of cutlets and my sole remaining pair of silicon boobs.

The picture above is the result of me feeling as though I had too much stuff jammed into my bra drawer.  I took everything out, threw a couple of things away, and arranged the whole kit and kaboodle.  Really, I had no idea that I had so many bras.  Maybe if I had really known just how many that I have I wouldn't have purchased the two or three more bras this past Christmas.

Once I had them all laid out I asked Jules the question "how many bras are too many bras, for somebody that doesn't even have boobs?"


The answer?  There can never be too many bras for me.

For it is through these wonderful, magnificent, incredible garments and accouterments that I am able to achieve something like what is pictured above.  And I sit here now, looking at that photo, at what I can create and I understand how important that is to me.

The fact that I can achieve something that allows me to see myself with such a feminine feature really helps.  It helps me to feel better about myself and my body.  It helps me to really appreciate what I do have and not be so irritated by what I don't.

There may be those who think that my efforts at creating some decolletage are an attempt to attract those that may appreciate that sort of look, but it is so not.  I mean, if others like it, that is fine, totally fine, it is flattering, but really it is for me.

It helps me to like me.

And thus what did I do, while out shopping the other day?  I used my gift card.



I like bras.

I love me.

I hope you can find something that helps you to love you.

10 comments:

  1. Hi Nadine. Nice post and featured on T-Central.

    Calie xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Calie! I always appreciate the honor of being featured on T-Central!

      Delete
  2. I'm hoping a followup post entitled "What I have Learned about Bras by Buying Them" will soon grace your blog. You already have the photo to prove you know what you are writing about!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be a good post Kati, thanks for the idea!

      Delete
  3. Hi Nadine. Nice post and I really do identify with your comment " it really is for me". Thanks and no you don't have too many bras.
    Charlene

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Charlene. It really makes me think differently about others that I see showing off their cleavage, I always thought it was to show it off. Now for at least some, I know differently.

      Delete
  4. Ooo er, that's a lot of... wait a minute.. I seem to have rather a lot of them too, if you count the crop tops, probably more than my wife! Tell me it's perfectly normal! 8-)
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post, I love bras too. Need more drawers to store them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recently started hanging mine as my drawer has become too stuffed!

      Delete