Saturday, August 16, 2014

Outfit for 8-16-14 - Skinny & Hipless

Top - Patty Boutique
Skirt - Guess
Shoes - Aerosoles

While figuring out what to wear today I had originally put on a different skirt, but it just didn't seem to be sitting quite right.  I had thought that maybe it was due to not having any hips pads in, so I put in my mini hips pads.  But that still didn't seem to make the skirt work.  I took it off and put on this skirt.

This skirt happens to be one of my go to skirts.  I really like it a lot. It is small and snug and cute!  Jules and I were standing around talking while continuing to get ready and she told me that I should remove the hip pads.  I pulled them out and her response was that it made me look like a super model - skinny, hot, and no hips.  After a comment like that, I was sold!

Today we went to the movies.  We had been wanting to see Lucy for a bit and got the chance to.  I was so thrilled with our choice.  Since it has been out for awhile and it was an early show, there was only one other person in the theater.  I don't care at all about being dressed and around people; it is just that other theater goers have been really bugging me lately.  Two out of the last three times I have had someone sit behind me and start tapping on the row of my seats with their foot!  Ugh!  Drives me crazy!  I generally try and politely let them know they are bugging me and eventually normally just move.  But this time was great!  Only one other person even there!  Fantastic!

The only problem?  The movie wasn't very good.  We both love Scarlett Johansson, (umm, total hotty!!) but other than her the movie was pretty lame!

Oh well!

Hmm... other than that?  My life appears to continue its wacky, wacky, course!  Just as I think things are getting back to normal, after Jules' leg smashing from last year, my workload has gone frickin bonkers and oh yeah, so has my dad.

I haven't spoken much of my dad here.  Oh kind of because he is a really unkind person.  Here is the long and short of it.  My mom died back in '95, he remarried shortly thereafter to someone twenty years younger than him.  She wanted to be mom, but I was 25 and my sister was 28.  We were thrilled for him but didn't need a mom.  She got pissy and basically told him it was us or her.  He chose her.  Fast forward about 20 years and guess what?  His health is failing him, he went bankrupt, has pulled all equity out of his house, is loosing his pension, has early signs of dementia, and his wife left him at the end of June.

And my dear old dad has called and asked for my help.  I am attempting to help but wow, it is tough.  Tough, tough, tough, tough!  It really feels like whenever I think I am stretched to the thinnest that I could possibly be life says, oh no you are going to need to handle so much more, good luck!

Oh well!  Such is life!

Love you!

Thanks for being here, I really do appreciate you, my constant readers!


12 comments:

  1. Very nice outfit Nadine. Skirt is lovely, short and it goes so well with such terrific legs of you.
    So sad to hear about your dad: mine left when I was child, he has never been able to manage itself and two years ago I was in a similar situation as you.
    Life sometimes is not easy, especially when hard decisions cross our paths.

    Much love.

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Betty, I appreciate the leg comment. I really like my legs!

      Yeah, tough decisions are not easy. I am pretty good with making decisions for myself, but when it comes to someone else's life, then wow, I am finding it terribly difficult to know what the right thing is to do.

      Delete
  2. We had the same problem with cinemas. My partner always seemed to attract people who kick or bump her seat during a film. It got so bad that I dreaded going to see a movie with her.
    Our solution. We started sitting in the back row when we could. Our local cinema has now introduced bookable seats so its even easier now as we pre-book our seats and pick where we want to sit. Usually back row. Off to see Guardians of the Galaxy with my son this afternoon which should be good.

    I've heard it said that the universe/life/God wont give us more than we are capable of dealing with. I hope you find the strength you need to deal with your father, it can't be easy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Jenna! What a great idea, I should so start taking advantage of the back row. That is so cool that you can reserve seats! I am jealous!

      Thanks for the well wishes sweetie!

      Delete
  3. The skirt looks great! I wish parents would really think long and hard about who will take care of them as they age. Without great detail, I'm close to the same situation. Remember the song...Cats In The Cradle? Anyway, back to cross dressing. Does your sister know and does she support and help you with picking outfits? Please elaborate. Love, T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks T. I so wish my dad would have chosen to not be so arrogant and ignorant about his own future. It is very unfortunate for him. I will do what I can, but I really don't know how much I can even do at this point.

      Yes my sister knows. She is the first person I told. Well my wife knew, but she has always known, from the first pantie to the whole shebang. So yea I told my sister and she said, "yeah when I saw your pink thong sticking out of your pants one day I figured something was up." We spoke a bit more. She has seen this website, though I don't think she looks at it ever. I think she really likes the idea of thinking of me as her brother and kind of has a hard time with seeing me otherwise. But she is totally cool. I talk to her about things like female shoes, clothes, styles, etc. We really click over that stuff. I just don't put the actual cross dressing in front of her. Does that make any sense? Hmm.. maybe.

      Thanks sweetie!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for sharing, Nadine. Life does tend to throw you a curveball when you're least expecting it, and least ready to handle it. But our hearts and minds have an amazing ability to expand when we need them to. I love reading your updates, and checking out your latest pictures - it's great to see another girl who's happy "in the middle"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dana, that is very touching. I feel warm and fuzzies from your words!

      Delete
  5. I think you could wear anything and look good. Must be that California vibe.Enjoy you blog and your incredible sense of style.
    Best of luck.
    Lisa Rhodes
    I have a blog on wordpress. have a look sometime.
    lisa73rhodes@wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa, what a set of complements! What a sweetie.

      I will definitely check out your blog, thanks!

      Delete
  6. Hmm... could have sworn I posted a comment, but no matter: I love the outfit, per usual. :c)

    So sorry about your Dad; reminds me of Dennis Miller's observation that people generally are "born again" once they've managed to alienate every single person in their life. Isn't it remarkable how responsibility for their screw-ups always rests on someone else's shoulders? Oh well. It sounds as if you are taking as sane an approach as possible, hon. Best of luck.

    Hugs,
    Cass

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Cass!

      Yeah some folks say that they occasionally have difficulty with some comments. Hmm...

      Thanks about the thoughts about my Dad. Things have been a bit crazy this week. I so need to update you all on where things are at right now. Ugh!!

      Thanks again. :)

      Delete