Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Love This Dress

Dress - Ruby Rox - Similar
Scarf - ?? - Similar
Sweater - 29th and Madison - Similar
Shoes - Tahari - Similar

I absolutely love this dress!  But I have to admit that I have never actually worn it outside of my house at all, ever!  Ugh!  That is due to not having the right occasion to wear it.  I feel as though it is kind of a get out and dance dress, or maybe a nice wine party, or maybe????  Maybe that is the problem.  Maybe I can't really think of on to wear it.

Hmmm...... where to wear this dress??  Life's deep ponderables huh?

Anywho.... I picked up this lovely little number while Jules and I were thrift store shopping in the Los Angeles area.  While perusing the aisles I happened upon this and held it up for Jules' inspection.  To which she told me, no, she did not think that it would work for me as it is strapless.


That is the first picture that I have actually wearing a strapless dress.  I think that it looks surprisingly good actually.  I always kind of figured that the best way to show my arms is to not show them at all, but in this photo they do not look all that huge to me.  (Wow, I am so flattering to myself!)  Okay, so my upper body looks good.  (Boy, that was tough to even write!)

Further about this outfit, is the added element of the scarf.  This is also a thrift store pickup from some shopping trip.  I really like the contrast of it against the dress.  Being as the dress is white with black polka dots and the scarf is black with whitish polka dots, I think they look really good together.  The dress actually came with a pink satin belt, but using the scarf instead kind of upgrades the age appropriateness of the dress.  With the pink belt it looks too little girly.


So.... where to wear this item?  Any suggestions good readers?  I'd love to hear your thoughts.  Most of the places I go, movies, Costco, general mall shopping, museums, out to dinner, none of them seem to be very appropriate for this dress.  So I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Love you!

Love yourself, for you are good!

:)


11 comments:

  1. Its a lovely frock, and you look great in it Nadine! I've never tried strapless myself, and I am surprised also how good it looks on you (hope you don't take that the wrong way ;-) ). I also like the use of the scarf as a belt, it's a great idea, and works well with the black of the bolero too. Smiles, Daria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Daria-

      Nope, I did not take that the wrong way, as I too am quite surprised as well that it looks so good!

      Thanks!

      Delete
  2. WOW. That is really a pretty dress. The white with black polka dots the pink flowers at the bottom and the belt really make a statement.The strapless view is very flatering. Your arms look great. You have nothing to worry about.
    In strapless mode how about a warm afternoon of wine tasting up in the Napa Valley. With the scarf you could do happy hour cocktails and light hors d'oeuvres. Maybe on an outdoor deck.
    as always you look very stylish.
    Huggs
    Charlene

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For happy hour I meant with the sweater. C.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Charlene!

      I like your suggestions for locations to wear it!

      Delete
  3. Very cute! You could wear anytime.

    Clare

    ReplyDelete
  4. You rock that strapless dress, Nadine! I wish it was mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Calie, it is one of a kind! Well actually I don't know that for sure, but I do know that I found it in a thrift store and thus it most likely is not being produced any longer! Sorry cutie!

      Delete
  5. I can see this dress on an afternoon trip to the Getty! Or for a visit with me!
    Vivian

    ReplyDelete