Saturday, August 19, 2017

One Month In


Well, well, well, here we are at one month on hormones.  My how this time has flown by.  In leading up to taking hormones it seemed as if time was crawling along.  I got the prescription, put on my patch, and I was sure that it would feel like forever until I noticed anything different.  As it turns out, I was happily wrong!

No, I don't have breasts!  Ha!  The results that I have had, are no less stunning though, to me personally at least.  Y'all may not be so impressed with things, but I seriously am.  So.... lets see if I can describe some of the things that have been happening over the past month.

The first thing that I noticed was a change in what I can best describe as a digestive disorder I have had for my entire life.  Hmm.... how to describe this without embarrassing the hecky-who out of myself?  Well, how about if I tell you that once upon a time, maybe around age 10ish or so, I remember an argument with my mom and dad and myself.  My mom insisted that I didn't know how to wipe my ass and that my dad needed to check.  Yeah, that argument did not go well, but suffice it to say, that I have had that issue my entire life.  And yes I do know how to wipe.  I could shower after I go and the same thing would happen, without fail, on a daily basis, until I started taking hormones.  Once I started with the hormones, that problem disappeared!!

And that hands down has been the single most awesome thing about taking hormones.  It was totally unexpected, but super appreciated!  I don't think I could ever tell you what an amazingly awesome change this has been for me.  If this is the only thing that ever occurs from hormones, I will be thrilled for life!

Okay, so other than that... any other changes so far..... well my boobs are super itchy!  And that is apparently a good sign that things are preparing to change!  My nipples have gotten a bit bigger.  They are not huge, but going from 1 mm to 2 mm, that means they have doubled in size!  Wow!

Hmm..... that is two things, anything else.... I feel happier!  Typically annoying things are far less annoying than they have been in the past.  I'm still annoyed by the same things, but I don't feel quite so invested in them as I used to.  I think the biggest thing with this is that I think I have been pondering hormones for some time now, like say years, and it feels great now to not been thinking about it any more!  And just doing it!

Okay, so three things...... hmm..... a fourth thing?  Sex has been feeling incredible lately.  I don't know if this is a physical thing or just a mental thing, but um yeah, there is that!

Lastly, I just feel more right.  Does that make any sense?  My doctor described the human body as analogous to the hardware of a computer and hormones as the software.  It kind of feels as though now I am operating on the right software!  Funny huh?  Odd to attempt to describe.

So..... maybe these things seem small.  And they are, but they are significant to me.  Seriously significant.  So significant that I can't see stopping this little experiment any time soon.  Just the first thing is enough of a change that tells me this is the right thing for me!

Okay, enough babbling!

Love you!

Love yourself!

Do what it takes to love yourself!

Oh.... btw, this post was written about 2 weeks ago.... so it's a little dated, just FYI!!!

1 comment:

  1. That's excellent news about the hormones... thanks for sharing with us. I have asked myself about taking hormones and have made appointments and canceled... but others in my age arrange have seem differences within the first two months, its made wish I started a few years ago,,,,please keep us up dated

    ReplyDelete