Thursday, May 28, 2015

A Day at the Movies

I suppose it would be foolish to say that I am introducing my wife being as many of you are well acquainted with her already.  She has already written a post for my site and contributed on another.  But here is a fabulous aspect of my wife that you have not been privy to yet, her own personal style!  I am so excited as she has agreed to attempt to become a regular outfit contributor to my site, not just a guest writer!  You may also visit her on her own blog.  So without further ado, please welcome Jules!


Shorts- Merona - Similar
Shoes- Unknown - Similar

Hi all!! Jules Spirit here. I was graciously asked by my wife, Nadine, to be a fashion contributor to her blog. So I figured, what the heck?! It intimated me just thinking about doing it, so I decided, I must do it!

I have just gotten into some fashion in the last several years or so. I have been and am still usually a jeans and tee shirt girl. But as Nadine and I have been going out more and more over the last 10 years, I began to see that I do care, on some level, about fashion.

I wore this outfit to a morning movie outing on a fairly warm day; we saw Pitch Perfect 2, which was fantastic!! ( I guess I am a little biased as I loved the first movie and like musicals.)

This outfit has several things that are a part of my personal style likes: bold colors, zippers, and comfy, cute shoes.

The shirt is from Nine West, but I have no idea where I got it.  I love this color and have since I was probably 12. I have a school picture from that age in which I am wearing a shirt this same color. I think it goes well with my skin and now a days, my red hair. (Yes, I do dye it.) The other thing this shirt has that I often look for in clothing and shoes are zippers. Zipper are my thing! They are kind of edgy yet can be done in a classy way that is not too punk or alternative.


The shorts are Merona, which is a Target brand. I do shop at Target and find that if I look, I can find some cute items there. When I first saw these shorts, they seemed too bright a color for shorts. But needless to say, I took them into the dressing room and after trying them on, had to have them.  I like that I can pair them with another bold color or with a neutral, and they look great every time. I also like that they show off my long legs.

Lastly, the shoes I am wearing are a 2 1/2 inch wedge backless sandal. I have had them for several years and have worn the brand name off the inside of the shoe so I have no idea who made them. They were one of the first pairs of shoes I bought in a brighter color. (They are an ocean blue.) I like these shoes so much because they are girly, fashionable, and comfortable. Since breaking my leg very badly in 2013, I do not wear many high heeled shoes, yet I have worn these many times since then because of how comfortable they are.

I still have a ways to go with finding my own style, yet I am getting there.

What is your style? Do you know? I would say that it is definitely worth looking into.

Thank you so much for reading my first (and hopefully not my last) fashion post here on Unordinary Style.

Hugs!!



4 comments:

  1. Nadine, your boots and jeans outfit from the previous post looks great, especially with the nice pop of color from the cardigan.

    Jules, cute and colorful outfit! Is the zipper on the top functional or purely decorative? (I was thinking it could be a good little pocket for a cell phone or other compact item) Also, I love you red hair!

    D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D, thanks for the compliments ! The pockets are not functional, just there for the pretty factor. I totally wish they were functional. It would be useful right there. Hugs!

      Delete
  2. You are both braver than I am - but good for you and (us) for putting yourselves out there! Love the complementary colours Jules, they really do work with your red hair. I'm just a little jealous of the sun and warmth you have, as we head into winter here on the bottom half of the world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words but really Nadine is the brave one; I am not usually so brave. I do love this color combination of blue and green. I often do an eye makeup combo of these two colors as well.
      Hope the weather turns warm were you are. We are having a slight heat wave here at the moment; it's been in the 90's and hotter the last couple of days. At little too hot too soon for my liking but it is what it is.
      Take care and hugs!

      Delete