Sunday, May 17, 2015

Outfit for 5-17-2015 - New Skirt


I realize that I have a few things that I kind of obsess over.  One of them, of course, is black and white - we have already been over that I am a total sucker for just about anything black and white, but another thing that I seem to really enjoy is skirts.  I feel a bit silly about it actually as I think that I have like two or three skirts in my closet already that have been there, unworn, for a few months.  Frequently they just hangout and wait until I find the right outfit for them, but I still feel a bit silly buying something that does not immediately get used.

Anywho..... this skirt was just one of those ones that was waiting patiently for me to figure out how I was going to work it in.  I really like it, but I was finding it difficult to figure out how to wear it well due to the geometric design on it.  And while I am on it, that is another thing that I am drawn to - clothing with geometric designs.  I have found some really cool ones, like this skirt, but then I often struggle with putting it together with something else as SO many of my clothes have patterns on them that I feel as though the patterns don't mesh well.


I figure one of two things needs to happen, either I need to get over my thinking that two apparently different patterns can comfortably coexist within the same outfit or I need to invest time in buying some more non-patterned items that would work better with what I currently own.

Personally I struggle with mixing patterns.  How about you?  Do you think two different patterns can coexist together in the same outfit, or should I mix solid with patterns as in this outfit?


Today this outfit was worn to get our nails done and to do some light shopping.  Aren't my nails cool!  Thanks I think so! (Obviously & I am SO modest about them right?!)

Updates:
- Today I had a post go live on Already Pretty!  OMG, I am so dying over that!  Dying in a good way! (What an odd expression!) How about I am SO thankful for Sally for inviting me to contribute to her site.  It was a super generous thing for her to do, so go check it out!

- I was NOT a winner for the Glamour Boutique contest.  I showed Jules who did win, and she thought it was good that I didn't.  I thought that was funny!  What I did learn is that a place called Glamour Boutique is apparently looking for Glamour Shots photos.  While I think I can get a decent looking photo, my photos are not along the lines of that! Not that there is anything wrong with that, it is just not the look I am striving to achieve.  Oh well.  Seriously, congrats to the winners!

10 comments:

  1. I think your photos are much too "normal" for that site. Nice pics today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I agree. But I did find out this morning that I was actually in the top ten. So there is that.

      Delete
  2. U look great when u are out and about, some from that website, not so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. And that I think is what the key difference is. I dress for going out, and not for taking a fancy photo shoot type of picture. My wife says that maybe we should have had me in some sort of "sexy" couch pose and then I would have won! Funny! I don't see myself as ever doing a sexy couch photo!

      Delete
  3. I like the aztec print. Cute outfit overall

    ReplyDelete
  4. The way you have got your nails done, Nadine, is markedly girly,I like it.
    From time to time wearing long false painted and decorated nails is great. Sure, they are not always practical and you need to be very careful, but you feel feminine and pretty. Usually, in every day life, I prefer semi-longish simply red painted nails.
    Enjoy wearing your nails when going out in public! Have fun!
    All the best to you, Nadine!
    Feli

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Feli. I have never actually gotten false nails put on. I admit that it intimidates the heck out of me! I keep thinking I should try it out sometime. Possibly!

      Delete
  5. Love the Aztec pattern on the skirt. I find that patterns work best with solids, but that just me. I actually recently invested in several nice solid tops, due to a similar dilemma. It's amazing how many black tops a girl truly "needs".

    Vivian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vivian. I love the skirt as well, especially because I got it for a steal at like $10! That is SO true about the black tops. I think I am going to have be on the search for some nice solids.

      Delete