Friday, May 15, 2015

How Did I Wear It Better? - Mini Skirt


Skirt - Guess - Similar
Black Sweater - 89th & Madison - Similar
Tall Black Boots - Guess - Similar
Nude Wedges - Taryn - Similar
Belt - Mossimo - Similar

Same skirt and same tank, two different outfits; which one do you think looks better?  My opinion is the outfit with the leggings.  Besides the fact that I feel way more comfortable with leggings on with such a short skirt, I think the black on my legs with the white on my arms makes for a more balanced look with my body shape.  The oft thought aspect of black is that it makes things recede from your vision, but I think with these two outfits, seeing them side by side, the black sweater makes my upper half look very stocky.


I love the look of my legs, I think they are super nice, but my eye is totally drawn upwards towards the black sweater.  And my legs do not necessarily look very shapely, they look more like little twigs sticking out from a rather blocky upper half!  Oddly enough, with the black of the leggings and the black boots I feel as though my eye is drawn more to my legs in that photo than when they are clearly visible.

Wow, colors, and photos, and perspectives, odd!

Anyway, which outfit do you think works better?  Any thoughts as to why you like that one more than the other one?  Am I over playing the appearance of my upper half with the black sweater?

Of course, the obligatory "catus interuptus" photo.

And another thing here folks - "Luke come to the dark side."  Sorry, I always hear that line in my head while thinking of this.  I once read someone say that by advertising on your blog or by monetizing things that somehow you have traveled to the "dark side."  Well apparently then, I am going to the dark side.  I am going to begin to include links on my posts that may lead to commissions for me.  You can read my new disclaimer page if you are really interested.  I am actually kind of hoping that it will be a win-win for the all of us.  Maybe I can get a little compensation for my time here, maybe you can be directed to locations to be able to purchase some of the products, or similar products, that I am showing off here, and maybe it may inspire me to be a bit more active here.  We shall see what will happen in time, huh?

Oh and I am contemplating a move to a self owned Wordpress site.  I will retain my URL, but it would mean that I will be loosing some of the features that are provided by the Blogger platform.

Hmm.... decisions, decisions.  (From the game of Life, if you didn't catch that reference!)

Love ya!

Have a great weekend!

15 comments:

  1. I like the leggings outfit, and with the sweet little white cardigan with the denim it's a great look. However the photobombing cat does steal the limelight, :)

    I found there are a lot more options for customisation with wordpress. Blogger is great to start off with, but you quickly reach it's limitations for anything more than simple blogging. My only piece of advice is choose carefully where you host your wordpress site as it's very prone to hacking. I host mine through wordpress's commercial spin off figuring they write the thing, they probably have the best handle on how to protect it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the thoughts Jenny. Interesting about the hacking aspect. I will have to research that.

      Yeah the photobombing cat. Being as we have 6 of them at our place it generally happens every time I am taking some shots. Oh well!

      Delete
  2. You really made the outfit work better Nadine, but I think it could be the sweater that did it.
    Sooner or later it will hit 100 degrees, and the leggings will become unbearable. When that happens, there is nothing wrong with bare legs! Do you think you might have a tan by then?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the thoughts January. Yeah, I totally agree with the 100 degree thing. I am trying to fit in as many cooler weather outfits as I can before the heat begins baking us! I hope that my tan will increase, I am working out in the yard in my bitty bikini trying to gain a bit of color, so hopefully soon!

      Delete
  3. I too think the leggings look looks better. However I do love the bare legs look too especially with a nice tan. I wonder how you would look with nude hose on and the mini. The hose really makes your legs shine and would draw the eye there too. You always look so put together girl. I just enjoy your blog and notes. Not sure what to say about a blog change. I will learn what is necessary to still follow you. Have a fantastic weekend. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa. I think the bare leg look would be better with a nice tan. I tend to avoid pantyhose but with the suggestion I am now considering trying it out. Hmm.... interesting. I will have to give it a go!

      Nothing for sure yet on the blog change, just something I am considering.

      Thanks!

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the reply Nadine and when you do the hose we will all look forward to the pictures.

      Delete
  4. Hi Nadine,
    two pictures on which perfect legs are to be seen! You look super cute!
    Love your outfit on the left a little bit more.
    The picture on the right: I know you don't like pantyhose so much and as you said you tend to avoid them, but you shouldn't. I agree with Lisa: nude or even black and transparent pantyhose would draw the eyes to your legs too, they would shape the legs perfectly. What about pantyhose with thin vertical stripes? With your "killer heels" they would make the legs appear still a bit longer.
    Mini skirts are gorgeous and, at the same time, give us a girlie and sexy look. Knee-length skirts, tight at the knees and worn with leggings or pantyhose and high heels are ladylike. So how to decide what to wear, ....an old woman's problem!
    BTW, you look happy, I'm glad for you,Nadine and you look so pretty with your new hair.
    Hugs
    Feli

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Feli. Another vote for pantyhose. I wonder what my aversion is to them while so many folks are drawn to them? You have some good thoughts on them though. I like the idea of them with thin vertical stripes. Curious. Thanks for the complements. You are always so nice!

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the disclaimer. We are all big kids and understand commerce. Your goal should be to create numerous income steams...nobody wants to held hostage to ONE employer. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the bare legs a lot better. I don't care for the light skirt and the dark leggings. To me, it's just too much contrast. I think your bare legs look great but if you're too uncomfortable with that, how about off- white leggings? Or a dark wash denim skirt with your dark leggings?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A vote for the bare legs. Interesting thoughts on the contrast aspect. Hmm... off white leggings, now that is far more appealing to me than the previous suggestions of pantyhose. I will have to investigate the leggings option. Thanks!

      Delete
  7. Oh, I think it depends on the temperature. Both outfits look great; just wish I could carry off a skirt that short!
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Penny. I too think that the temp outside could be a deciding factor.

      Delete